PDA

View Full Version : My experience in Ragnarok Online.

Acglaphotis
March 21st, 2008, 01:48 AM
I wrote a little story detailing my adventure in ragnarok online. Hope you like it:

Have you ever thought you were meant for something greater? For a bigger purpose? I did. A foolish quick-handed sticky-handed young man, a thief if you will, hoping for something greater as i leveled up enough to become a proper Assasin.

I was just out of Morroc, with my thief title, wondering what would i do in between leveling up and saving zeny for a Stilletto. I was in payon, where people are scarce and pecos are close by. Wondering around, i talked to a shadowy figure, hidden by some trunks. His name was Rurumani and he told me that sometimes, a thief friend of him send someone to make a bag. There it was. My purpose. You may be wondering what was it with this bag? Well, for starters, it’s not a regular bag. Its THE “Leather Bag of Infinity”. Infinity? Yes. That would be my ultimate goal. The power of holding anything and everything. I just had to go to Morroc, right? How foolish of me.

Within minutes of taking this quest, i realized how little chance i had of succeeding in this quest i quickly became aware of my own weaknesses. I was only base level 26 and job level 15. I was in that threshold of ability and inability at the same time, depending on others for bigger monsters, doing fine by myself on the medium sized ones. I tried to kill one of the monsters that dropped an item for my quest. Needless to say, it was a complete failure. I got killed within seconds.

As i reappered in Prontera, i quickly noticed another chracter, sitting in the floor, in my 5-person-average-server. I soon realized he was a friend of mine, Arfandualo, a Mage (i still make fun of him for it) who was in his mid 40’s (lvl people, not age). He was the right person for the job. But he was afk.

As usual, Arfandualo was afk, sitting in the middle of Prontera. I had forgotten he always has his RO on. But, in an almost miracoulous fashion, he returned from his AFK and said:

Arfandualo: Sup?

Me: Hello, my friend! You arrive just in time for our quest.

Arfandualo: wut quest?

Me: A quest for the “Leather Bag of Infinity“.

Arfandualo: whats that?

Me: A bag of infinity.

Arfandualo: i mean, like, what is it? what does it do? where can i find one?

Me: Its a bag, it holds infinite stuff you can find it with me.

Arfandualo: kk.

I had found a Mage to protect me, and i would guide him into the items necessary for our quest. The first on the list were scorpion tails, which, obviously, were dropped by Scorpions. Scorpions which were in moc_fild04.

We were in Payon, so we continued onto moc_fild01, then to moc_fild02 and then, finally, we arrived at moc_fild04.

The monster here were most bizarre, ranging from something as weird as fried-eggs-holding-a-frypan-named-magnolia and some as normal as Desert Wolf. It ws an amusing sight seeing Arfandualo fight these beasts. Being a Mage, he couldn’t use melee effectively and had somewhat low HP, so all of the “fight” was him running in circles and trying to get away enough to be able to cast a spell, which he did, eventually.

The fight was hard but we hold onto the ground. I barely got damaged becaused of my increased AGI as a Thief but Arfandualo was taking a beating. Time passed and i died, leaving the work to him. It took some time but finally we collected the Scorpion Tails.

Next on the list were Cobwebs.

I arrived to Prontera to get some supplies… But then, something irregular happened. A Winged Character started healing us… It was very unlike my server, because there are at most 7 people in it… and i know that none of them are an Advanced class. A couple of seconds later we go into a conversation:

Me: Thank you for healing me, good sir. : ).

Planet[That was his name]: Hey acgla, do you have another char?

Me: No, why?

Planet: Im just gonna tell you –

*Dramatic pause* <–That actually happened. He said, im just gonna tell you, waited a few seconds and then he said:

Planet: Be careful with what you do.

Me: Ok.

I pm’ed Arfandualo about this:

Me: Hey, do you know who he is?

Arfandualo: He is a GM, don’t mess with him.

I was totally scared by this event so i ran out of prontera and ended up on mjolnir_10. I was freaking out, because, 10 mins later i remebered I DID HAVE ANOTHER CHAR, in the high rate server. I frozed as i came to the horrible conclusion in my head, so i asked Arfandualo about this:

Me: Oh my. I just remembered i DO have another char.

Arfandualo:Hmmm, you just lied to a GM bro.

Me: I have to delete him!

Arfandualo: Go! I’ll wait here!

I logged out and logged back in. I changed the server to the high rate one and deleted my other character. Then i entered with my normal character.

Me: Ok, i am back.

Arfandualo: good, let us continue with our quest.

Me: Hey, what if they can see i just erased a character!? That’d look suspicious, wouldn’t it?

Arfandualo: Calm down, dude…

Me: Do you think they can read pm’s? If you are reading this IM SORRY.

Arfandualo: Im sure they can’t.

Me: Oh my, oh my. Im gonna get banned!

Arfandualo: Your not gonna get banned, he just prolly wanted to know if you are the same guy he saw on the high rate server.

Me: I can’t get banned! We’re on quest!

Arfandualo: You’r not gonna get banned for having another char.

Me: If you are reading this I BEG FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS.

Arfandualo: If you are reading this please kill him.

Me: I can’t get banned, im on a quest! Wait…

Me: Maybe thats why they are trying to ban me. We’re on a quest. A secret quest? A forbidden quest?

Arfandualo: 1st your not gonna get banned, 2nd every thief has to do this quest to get throw sand.

Me: We must finish this quest! It’s the only way to end this madness once and for all.

Arfandualo: I’m telling you, this is not a special quest.

I decided to ignore him and we continued on our way to kill Argoses. They were tough but they fell apart to Arfandualo’s Lightning Bolt. We finally had all of the items we needed (The cactus needles and worm peelings we had from prior to this quest)

When we arrived at Payon i naturally ran to the Bag Seller (Rumumuri) and politely asked him to give us our Leather Bags of Infinity, but he wouldn’t, it turns out he was asking for earthworm peelings. Luckily the nearest Hodes (earthworm peeling droppers) were just about 3 maps away.

Once we got there i started to wonder, maybe that gm had changed that quest on purpose? Maybe he was leading us into a trap? Maybe, perhaps, could…I was beggining to get more paranoid with each passing second…I had to do something. So, i went to my fridge and took out a Pepsi Light. Caffeine always makes you feel good.

The end of my quest was near. The item was close. We had all the items we need. We went to talk to the bag seller, and he gave us the bags. We were in ecstasy. But, as i noticed some minutes later, the item wouldn’t equip because it was a quest item.

————————–

This all happened in a RO private server www.akariladon.com, this is NOT fiction. Thanks for reading.

This is the website where i originally posted it. (http://www.acgla.net)