PDA

View Full Version : April Meetings - 2 Unofficial (2 April, 22 April), 1 OFFICIAL on 30 April 2008

xarquid
March 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
The April meeting schedule has been announced for Ubuntu Team South Carolina.

These are all very, very, very important. Please attend these if possible because would like to apply for official team status in May.

They can be found here with sub-links:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SouthCarolinaTeam

Please make a note of the scheduled meeting times and dates.

They can also be found on the official Ubuntu United Sites LoCo Google Calendar if you use Google Calendar (this is an excellent way to stay in sync, so please bookmark it or add it to your syndicated calendars!).

We will have our own Calendar/Blog syndication system soon enough (it's all in the pipeline).

--------------------

So the meeting schedule is as follows:

9 April 2008 @ 6:30 P.M. EST until -- whenever! Chat/discuss away! Have fun!

22 April 2008 @ 6:30 P.M. EST until -- whenever! Chat/discuss away! Have fun!

30 April 2008 @ 7:30 P.M. EST - Official Meeting (Please arrive 5 - 10 minutes early or earlier)

recluse2
March 21st, 2008, 05:56 AM
2 quick things: The Google Calendar, is such a good idea, it is so flexible and works so well. How can I help with the Blog?

On a side note, if anyone doesnt have a g-mail account and would like one I do have invitations (although you dont need them anymore), but it might make it a little simpler If anyone would like one, just let me know. I highly reccomend it and all of googles' services!

xarquid
March 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
The blog is literally already online...but here we go into what we need.

We just need to properly come up with branding "assets" to use across the board (graphics to use in various sizes and types) a. And I need to retheme the blog to match an S.C. color theme which will also be part of our brand theme package.

This could be a part of our sub-committe -- to be tasked with a sort of "branding" asset tree for Ubuntu S.C. This would be logos to use (horizontal, vertical, scrteched, banner, and ideal) and perhaps a color theme that is standard on pages (I.E. H1, H2, H3, Font Size, Font Type, Font Color for Body, Font Color for Header(s), Font Color for Subheader etc.).

All of this would be important to apply to the blog.

OF COURSE -- all of this can wait. The blog IS UP. It's running WordPress. All I have to do is:

- Switch over the main link on ubuntusc..com to the blog.
and - Add a link on the Wiki.

Now here's what I REALLY need (the MUST haves) before I do this:

BLOG links from everyone. I'll make a topic. I'd really like to get member's blog links in the UbuntuSC bloglines.

AND I need contributers to help write content for it. The blog will be an excellent place for a few of us who are willing to contribute to the blog with WordPress accounts directly on it ...to do just that.

NOW, I do not want this taking away from personal blogging time, writing time or anything. I would like to somehow come up with simple topic guidelines for the S.C. Blog. This is something that must be done first and foremost as well.

So:
- We need topic/submission guidelines;
- We need content categories (I.E. Ubuntu Releases, Meeting Announcements (so we can filter these directly into Ubuntu Planet's main blog once we become approved via RSS!), Linux Announcement, Ubuntu Application Reviews, Linux In General, Technology News, Technology in General, Rants). Just some ideas;
- We need content contributers;
- We need branding assets to use across the board ("nice to have" but not a must have).

- Craig Huffstetler / xq / xarquid

xarquid
April 16th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Please, guys and gals, come to the next unofficial meeting! We need to discuss becoming an official team :-) These unofficial meetings will help...

And SPECIALLY the 30 April 2008 meeting!!

jayson.rowe
April 19th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Sorry I missed the last one - got caught up in stuff @ work again - I'll be at the next one though.