PDA

View Full Version : GLIBC-Enlightenment-Breezy-Knoppix

majikstreet
October 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Hi,
I am on breezy badger (well actually this is being typed on windows because I broke my badger).

I was trying to install e17, and didn't know that there was a breezy repo up. I went through with the instructions for the elive repo, and managed to break my install. When ever I try to do MOST ANYTHING I get this error:

Symbol regexec, version GLIBC 2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with line time reference

I have a copy of knoppix (3.4). Can I fix it using Knoppix 3.4? (In the badger, X won't even open.)

majikstreet will be really grateful for your help!!

I have a 256mb usb stick that I can mount in Knoppix-- unable to mount in the badger

majikstreet
October 7th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Id like some help please.

Thanks,
majikstreet

The person who helps me fix it gets 1,000,000 cookies. I will be *VERY* grateful to them!

Edited rather unkind bump to post.
KB

Lovechild
October 7th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Since you bumped so rudely all I'll tell you is that you screwed your glibc - googling will help.

majikstreet
October 7th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Since you bumped so rudely all I'll tell you is that you screwed your glibc - googling will help.
Lovechild,
I am really sorry that I bumped. I didn't mean for it to sound rude. I just am frustrated. I've been googleing as many search terms as I can think of, but I can't figure it out. If you could only be so kind to help me, I will be eternally grateful to you.

I didn't mean for anything that I have said in this topic to sound rude. I sincerly apologize. I just am very frustrated because of this.

majikstreet

Lovechild
October 7th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Lovechild,
I am really sorry that I bumped. I didn't mean for it to sound rude. I just am frustrated. I've been googleing as many search terms as I can think of, but I can't figure it out. If you could only be so kind to help me, I will be eternally grateful to you.

I didn't mean for anything that I have said in this topic to sound rude. I sincerly apologize. I just am very frustrated because of this.

majikstreet

The best of my 5 sec research showed that manually reinstalling glibc would do it, now this was on a fedora system but I guess you could grab glibc from the ubuntu pool and dpkg install it with force.

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/glibc/

majikstreet
October 7th, 2005, 10:13 PM
The best of my 5 sec research showed that manually reinstalling glibc would do it, now this was on a fedora system but I guess you could grab glibc from the ubuntu pool and dpkg install it with force.

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/glibc/
I'm going to do something like that.

I found out that I can chroot into my system through knoppix. I *may* download a new knoppix if I can't fix it.

Thank you LoveChild!

majikstreet
October 7th, 2005, 11:05 PM
OH MY GOD!

My computer booted up. I had to download glibc, libstdc, and libc6- but I GOT IT WORKING!

Thank you everyone.

Lovechild
October 7th, 2005, 11:15 PM
OH MY GOD!

My computer booted up. I had to download glibc, libstdc, and libc6- but I GOT IT WORKING!

Thank you everyone.

First you misspell my nick, now I have multiple personality disorder.. dang this is just not my day.

majikstreet
October 7th, 2005, 11:18 PM
First you misspell my nick, now I have multiple personality disorder.. dang this is just not my day.
?

Sorry if I offended you :)