PDA

View Full Version : phplabman testimonials?

DouglasAWh
March 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Has anyone here ever used PHPLabMan (phplabman.sourceforge.net)? If so, was it a good experience or not? What were some of the things that could have been better? Are there better alternatives? What sorts of systems did you have to integrate with? What OS were you using?

Thank you for your time!

marcbachman
October 7th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I have presently set up phplabman to run locally on my desktop. I am using another open source application, xampp, to set up the prerequisites, php, mysql, apache, in order to be able to run phplabman. That part went well, once I understood the procedure. When I started the phplabman app in my browser, I got a parse error:syntax error. I edited the code, and got the login page working. Then I logged in, according to the rather sketchy instructions included with phplabman, and got another parse error:syntax error on the studentinfo.php page. I get the distinct impression that the authors don't give a monkey spit about sourceforge users or whether anybody can use their application. Some related items in a Google search indicate that the authors do, indeed, think very highly of themselves.