PDA

View Full Version : cool pet names?

chucky chuckaluck
March 19th, 2008, 03:52 AM
i used to live next door to a near deaf english woman who had a little, orange cat (he ran stiff-legged and squeaked). his name was 'atilla, the honey'.

Flying caveman
March 19th, 2008, 04:04 AM
3 legged 1 eye cat named Quasimodo, I'm not sure who owned it, but thats what everybody called it.

chucky chuckaluck
March 19th, 2008, 04:06 AM
3 legged 1 eye cat named Quasimodo, I'm not sure who owned it, but thats what everybody called it.

i had a hunch someone was going to mention a pet named 'quasimodo'.

DoktorSeven
March 19th, 2008, 04:07 AM
All my pets have been named their generic animal name.

A cat named "Cat."
A parakeet named "Bird."
Etc.

I'm very unimaginative when it comes to names. :)

chips24
March 19th, 2008, 04:08 AM
my two orange cat names are Maximus and Otis, there extremely stupid.

i have a calico named peaches.

klange
March 19th, 2008, 04:18 AM
i had a hunch someone was going to mention a pet named 'quasimodo'.
No. Just no. And never do anything like that again. Worst. Joke. Ever.

I'd have named my dog Akamaru if it was white and I had thought of it at the time, but I'm not that awesome...

ubuntu-freak
March 19th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I knew someone with a dog called...well....Dog.

I want a cat called Katsumi, such a cute Japanese name. Actually, I'd rather have a Japanese girl called Katsumi. ;-)

Nathan

lespaul_rentals
March 19th, 2008, 04:37 AM
If I ever get another cat, I will name it Debian. It just fits.

myusername
March 19th, 2008, 04:41 AM
echo the dog

SomeGuyDude
March 19th, 2008, 04:52 AM
As a fan of big dogs, I get all my names from this big of MST3K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

Crunch Buttsteak, Stump Beefknob, Punch Rockgroin...

munkyeetr
March 19th, 2008, 04:56 AM
These are our living cats:
"Caviar", "TigerPrawn", and "LIttle Miss Hopey" (Hopey's extremely viscious, which is what makes her so precious.)

We had two die on us (FIP and kidney failure):
"Marceau" (three-legs) and "Cabbit" (because he hopped like a rabbit)

And our Dog is named "Burbear"

Vitamin-Carrot
March 19th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I love how people have a habbit of naming their pets as different animals

I had a cat called horse

my ex had a cat called duck
my best friend had a dog called Moose

Lets go wild eh?

My next animal will be called Toaster

Flying caveman
March 19th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Oh. yeah. We had a White dog our family called " White dog". If we just called him dog, that would just be stupid. :rolleyes:

Also,I know someone who has a dog called "kitty"

zxscooby
March 19th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I had a little dog named Gonad once,
We called him nads for short.

Flying caveman
March 19th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Spot is still the best name for a dog. How can you not giggle when someone says "come spot" :lolflag:

RAV TUX
March 19th, 2008, 06:27 AM
i used to live next door to a near deaf english woman who had a little, orange cat (he ran stiff-legged and squeaked). his name was 'atilla, the honey'.

I have a little brown and white Mini Dutch Bunny-Rabbit named George.

Irihapeti
March 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
My cat (see avatar) is called Melanie. It comes from a Greek word meaning black, so it's kind of suitable. Also, there used to be a vet at the vet clinic called Melanie. Each time I took the cat in, the receptionist would ask me "and what's her name?", I'd tell her, there'd be a silence, and then she (the receptionist, not the cat) would start giggling.

popch
March 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Our family calls our neighbour's cat 'Papageno' on account of his prowess. At times, we also call him 'local fauna' or just 'the animal'.

Another neighbour calls her dog Octopussy, although it has only four feet.

BluntBox
March 19th, 2008, 12:36 PM
My cat was named Zorro, his face markings were exactly like Zorro's mask. He lived a good 13 years before his fetish for storm water drains got him washed away one day.

Before him I had a dog called Spud, possibly the stupidest animal ever born.

Lord Illidan
March 19th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Two twin cats called "Strider" from the LOTR movies..

chucky chuckaluck
March 19th, 2008, 12:51 PM
If I ever get another cat, I will name it Debian. It just fits.

debian unstable, i assume. (cats are my favorite animal, but i've never met one that wasn't a screwball.)

Our family calls our neighbour's cat 'Papageno' on account of his prowess.

that's pretty clever.

i particularly like 'little miss hopey', especially hearing that she's vicious.

Linuxratty
March 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I'm not a cat person,but here are some pet names I've used over the years:
German Shepard dog names: Tigger,Spooky,Baron.
Bird names:Poppy,Pippin,Gen, Mr. Peep,Emmy.
Rat names: Clown,Dustyroo,Scamper,Aggy,Bree,Candy,Thistle, Biscottie.
Mouse names: Dove,Smudge.
Skunk names: Honey,Pepper.
Southern flying squirrel: Nugget.
I plan to get house rabbits and will most likely name them Willow and Skooter,but am not sure yet.

virtualcoder
March 23rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
My parrot's name was Tutu, after the egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun.
He was a chicken but the cutest bird in the world :) (species: blossom headed parakeet), I'll miss him.

toupeiro
March 23rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
My pets names throughout my life have been pretty common I guess.

I knew this old vietnam vet I used to like to jam with on guitar who had a pug named Teriyaki bowl. Used to kill me to hear him call that dog.

Kabezon
March 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
I knew someone with a dog called...well....Dog.

I want a cat called Katsumi, such a cute Japanese name. Actually, I'd rather have a Japanese girl called Katsumi. ;-)

Nathan
haha, don't we all just love Katsumi? ^^

I got a Chihuahua called Belle and a cat called Osiris. I always liked the name Noah for a dog o.O

lode
March 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Since our cat always acts quite elitist, we decided to call him Zarathustra. For it is true: cats are Übermenschen. One of my friends calls her cat Felix Da Housecat, after the DJ.

ZarathustraDK
March 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
We had two die on us (FIP and kidney failure)

Those are nice names too :)

Had a Siberian Huskey called Tuska, a turtle called Leonardo, a monkey called Mutti, and a parakeet called Hannibal.

diablo75
March 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
My girlfriend had a dog when she was a little girl named Deeogee (pronounced D-O-G).

fedex1993
March 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
what about mr sir barks alot?

mthei
March 23rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
When it comes to naming pets, I'm a fan of either human names (my first dog was named Cleo, my current dog is named Jasmine), or hilarious puns based on their species or breed (Chaiman Meow, Cathulhu, etc). Those may not be hilarious per se, but you get the picture.

Also, just because this post had the dogs with human names and cats with the stupid ones DOES NOT reflect my feeling toward each species. I like most animals except for giant scary deep sea creatures. Thankfully I don't have to deal with them.

billgoldberg
March 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
I call the neighbors cat Xenu.

:p

(where is my water hose?)

bobbocanfly
March 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Suse would be a cool name for a pet. I know a guy with a cat called Chicken, ive always found that funny. I'm also very tempted to get three fish and name them R, M and S or E, S and R.

bapoumba
March 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
In an old French movie ("Ni vu ni connu" from Yves Robert) the dog was named "Fous le Camp", meaning "Go away" in slang. No need to say this was a comedy ("Go away", come here..).

Catz3705
March 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Over the years: First pet as a kid -- Patsy, Collie/Spitz mix, found her dead one morning before school, never owned another dog; Ming-(Chinese "Bright, famous"), grey mackrel striped tabby kitten, went same way as first marriage; DC-"D***d Cat", stray with serious habits; Sunny-brother's cat who liked to sleep in palm trees, he couldn't keep her, named after church member, died from Hemo bartinella, ignorance, didn't catch it in time; Misty-female, pet-shelter reclaimed cat, med. longhair, solid, light silver-gray; Pepper-stray, female stray Tortise-shell & kittens!! - Crazy-feral reverse calico, Critta-reverse calico exact opposite disposition; Jack (SkelingCat) a play on "Jack Skelington" from" Nightmare Before Christmas", stray kitten, med long-hair, solid black, unique behaviors, a cat tale book could be written on him, deceased 13years, beloved companion to our neighbor, Frieda; his friends, Sally (Rag-doll Sally, also from Nightmare), stray, domestic short-hair, black & Caddy-stray, (domestic mackrel striped ginger tabby, polydactyl)(someone exclaimed "that cat's as big as a ...."), the name stuck; Pacey-"Twin Peaks" TV name, daughter's cat, stray kitten from Metrorail in Miami, brown-grey long hair, 15lb monster cat, well traveled, Miami-St. Pete-Tallahassee-Olympia, WA-flew home on Delta, temp back home now; Zoe-daughter's cat, companion to Pacey, animal shelter claim, domestic short-hair, black/white tux blaze; Sandy-deceased 18years; domestic short-hair, patches of "sandy" ginger on white, daughter's first cat as a toddler; Mr. Deeds-Adam Sandler movie character, daughter's cat, deceased, age unk, sudden feline death syndrome, stray who adopted her, adult, black/white tux blaze, domestic short-hair, seriously missed --- Felix avatar is symbolic of our tuxedo blaze cats. It's hard to present the name without the story.

Cats are never truly owned, they consent to live with you. If you have one that is your friend, consider it one of life's subtle gifts and a major accomplishment for the co-habitant.

Caveat: Cats and computers do not mix. Never leave a computer and a cat unattended in the same room! I have 13 computers and know whereof I speak.
-met-

Jareth
March 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
I can't believe there isn't a single geek here who has given their pet a name in binary, something like 10001110101.

K.Mandla
March 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Moved to the Backyard.

chucky chuckaluck
March 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Never leave a computer and a cat unattended in the same room!

i know what you mean (see attached pic). that's my boy, huey. we named him after huey newton because he looks like a black panther. he's not much of a militant radical, though. he's more like a shy gorilla. he's a good fella.

themisfithitman
March 24th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I have an awesome name for anything

Krzysztyn

jken146
March 24th, 2008, 02:17 AM
My girlfriend used to have a hamster called Tomodatchi. I think that's very cute.

I like the idea of calling a cat Debian. lol :) Very good indeed.

I've always wanted a Labrador, but I haven't thought of a good enough name yet.

hhhhhx
March 24th, 2008, 04:35 AM
my dogs name is Rio :)

chucky chuckaluck
March 24th, 2008, 04:38 AM
my dogs name is Rio :)

he/she wouldn't happen to prance on the sand, eh?

hhhhhx
March 24th, 2008, 04:40 AM
he/she wouldn't happen to prance on the sand, eh?
she actually loves the beach

JLB
March 24th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Used to have a black lab named Digger. Made for some interesting looks/discussions from black people when I called him while letting him run at the park. Get over here Digger!

He was a dog given to me because of his particular talent of digging under the fence and getting out to visit the ladies. I named him appropriately. (Or so I thought :D ) I should have named him Randy instead :D

My advice.... don't name a dog Digger.

tact
March 24th, 2008, 05:18 AM
My current dog is named "sushi" .... wife thought of it. No special meaning or relationship between the name and the animal. But it does sound nice. :)

RAV TUX
March 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Friends of mine had a great big giant Rottweiler (http://www.akc.org/breeds/rottweiler/) that they ironically named 'Tiny'.

Used to have a black lab named Digger....

...He was a dog given to me because of his particular talent of digging under the fence and getting out to visit the ladies. I named him appropriately. (Or so I thought :D ) I should have named him Randy instead :D

My advice.... don't name a dog Digger.

Nothing wrong with naming a dog after a Firefox extension:

reference, Digger (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1467).
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1467

Now Randy is a different story all together.

chucky chuckaluck
March 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
My current dog is named "sushi" .... wife thought of it. No special meaning or relationship between the name and the animal. But it does sound nice. :)

good name for a dog, rough name for a goldfish.

herbster
March 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'll name any future pet I have herbster.

Catz3705
March 24th, 2008, 06:14 PM
i know what you mean (see attached pic). that's my boy, huey. we named him after huey newton because he looks like a black panther. he's not much of a militant radical, though. he's more like a shy gorilla. he's a good fella.

Good object lesson! Daughter left Pacey alone with her open, active, Dell laptop. Came back to an inverted screen which took outside geek help to undo. It also was everything that I could do to keep Zoe away from my desktop keyboard when I started my current Ubuntu 7.10 install and fine tuning. Wants to be "Computer Cat"

I love my cats, but abhor cat-hair clogging the computer case vents. It comes with the territory. Caveat emptor.

One of the departed, Misty, became the "Panther of Pinellas" . . .the details are unworthy of further discussion, but the notion vexes me from time to time. Catties may never go out at night. . .ever. . . the price of ownership is "eternal vigilence."

-met

isecore
March 24th, 2008, 06:33 PM
An acquaintance of mine has a cat named "Five". I didn't understand this and asked why, she said the cats name originally was "Cat-5" (as in the ethernet-cable) but this was shortened to just "five" instead.

My own cat is named simply "the monster" since when she was a little kitten everyone who asked about her asked humorously "so, how are things with the monster?" and the name stuck. She's far from a monster. Actually, come to think of it she's like a draq-queen or a diva.

mD3m4r415
March 25th, 2008, 01:42 AM
my dog's name is Cashel pronounced cash-L... it is a great town in ireland i visited for 2 months.. i just call him cash

Jareth
March 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
My mate just got a pup and called it Zep, as in Led Zeppelin.

chucky chuckaluck
March 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I'll name any future pet I have herbster.

you a george foreman fan?

helliewm
March 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
My Dogs

German Shepherd-Barnaby.
Dobrerman/Greyhound Cross-Raffles, Raffy for short.

My Cats

Black and White Cat- Mimi. I inherited her when her very elderly owner, a close family friend, died last year.
Black Cat with white tip on end of tail-Tippi.
Tabby Cat-Sarky.
Brown Fluffy Cat-Remy.

Helen

emshains
March 25th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well we named our two labrador puppies Bony and Breta. Now they mostly live up to the names Poopy and PeePee. They are like 1 and a half year old dogs and still bonny gives us a reason to clean their room.

Sir Eatalot, Neverenough Gruby, Spenty Allday Sleepomian, or just Poopy and PeePee....

ComputerHermit
March 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
My dog is a German Shepherd she is a bitch her name is Neka
My other Dog that passed away 3 years ago was also a GS his name was Brix
I dont think I want another dog the bitch is too winy but they weir bolth very smart
I miss Brix the most I dream about him biteing the sleeve and me putting him in his crate it hurts but Neka is a lady and she is alot of fun too but not like Brix he was my favert

Festsetzen for love <<< I use to tell him this when I would try to get the ******* to

calm down

Dann helfen, die Liebe

Zeit zu essen

Track then play

kellemes
March 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
3 cats..
- Asla
- Katje
- Koddie

2 rabits
- Dippie
- Mieke

5 small parakeets
not named.

1 Human babyboy
- Mika

herbster
March 25th, 2008, 08:36 PM
you a george foreman fan?

I wouldn't dare follow them footsteps with more than a one syllable name. The others shall be herb.

yamfox
March 25th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I have a dog named Zeus. He is a huge Great Pyrenees, and he is also a big sissy. He never barks, and he is afraid, yes *afraid*, of cats.
Time to break out the gimp and make him seem scarier then he really is!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/yamfox/Evilpic.jpg