PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to seed Breezy?

Ubunted
October 7th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I have about 30-40 GB of monthly bandwidth to chew through, and I fully intend to do so with both the Live and Install i386 Ubuntu .iso torrents on release day. Anyone else here doing their part to spread the love?

Kvark
October 7th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Count me and my 10Mbit upload in.

23meg
October 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM
i'll do it too as usual; even though my poor 64kbps adsl upload is a drop in the ocean, every bit counts (unintended pun).

A-star
October 7th, 2005, 09:50 AM
I will try and seed at 768 Kbps

stimpack
October 7th, 2005, 10:56 AM
I have alot of seeding commitments atm but will set aside a small bit for seeding breezy. At least it will be 24/7.

az
October 7th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I downloaded the sarge netinstall iso yesterday and it came in at top speed, using bittorrent.

Most of the daily releases came down at pretty high speeds too. The preview release just flew!

Last month, when Linspire offered their "freespire" download, I got on and downloaded via their bittorrent link. Apparently there were so many people that their server was having trouble keeping up. You can tell a lot about a community when their bittorrent bandwith keeps dropping to near-zero in the middle of a very very popular download.

People who tend to download linspire do not seem to know anything about bittorrent.... I guess they kept chickening out and opting to wait several hours to start the ftp download.

Lovechild
October 7th, 2005, 11:07 AM
I will donate bandwidth, I have unlimited upload capacity but only at about ½ MBit speeds sadly, this still means about 40 kb/s consistent seeding while my computer is on. My cunning plan is to just hook up to bittorrent on boot so I don't forget to do it after every reboot.

hardwarder
October 7th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I'll try to once I have it set up properly. I might just upgrade Hoary and download the ISO so I can seed it. I have a 768kbit upload speed that goes to 100KBytes when there are enough peers.

stoeptegel
October 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Count me in for a week at 75KB/s. Btw, does someone know how to webseed a torrent from a server?

WildTangent
October 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM
ill contribute by using as much of my 640kbps upstream bandwidth as possible while im not home :)

-Wild

macewan
October 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I'm up for it also - count me in for cable modem ;)

jimcooncat
October 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM

Stormy Eyes
October 14th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I've got a cable modem. I've been seeding the i386 ISO since last night.

Ubunted
October 14th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I'm seeding the i386 Install and LiveCD as well as the i386 Edubuntu. They're not moving as fast as I expected, as there are more seeds than peers for both Ubuntus and it's steadily climbing for Edubuntu as well. I think I'll stop in a few hours and do my install.

majikstreet
October 14th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I probably will seed Breezy...

So basically I just download it using bittorrent and it seeds it?

I'm pretty new to BT.

Omnios
October 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Iv seeded 60% so far at 12kBs upload im going to try for at leas 100% even though accessing the internet is horrible while seeding.

xequence
October 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Count me and my 10Mbit upload in.

Wow, LUCKY! Is that a server connection or something? Whats your download speed?

blastus
October 14th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm on dialup so I can't be much help. I am now getting terrible download speeds on the HTTP ISO download...like less than 2 kb/s. I even had to switch from a United States mirror to the Canadian mirror because of no response so I don't even know if my download will be successful now and will probably have to spend another 3-4 days trying to get it again...at 2 kb/s.

I wish everyone on broadband would use Bittorrent so us dialup users can at least get 4 kb/s from the HTTP servers. It appears to me that there are just too many blood-sucking broadband vampires hitting the HTTP servers. :mad:

Kvark
October 14th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Wow, LUCKY! Is that a server connection or something? Whats your download speed?
No, it's not a server connection. It's a network outlet next to the phone outlet in my appartment. So it doesn't need a modem, only a network card, and it's possible to get 100Mbit both ways by paying some extra. But I only pay the base price and therefore get only 10Mbit both ways.

Well, I seeded over 10 GB of ubuntu iso but then I reformatted to install breezy, didn't have /home/ on it's own partition so poof went the iso. :(

basketcase
October 14th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I've tried to get Ubuntu for the last 2 nights. Best I could get down was 50k. If I can get all of it, I'd be happy to offer up my 512k/up connection for as long as needed.

Omnios
October 15th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Well I just finished 100% upload to help out which kind of feels good, I think the guy had dial up but was hitting 7k. Now I can get around to installing Breezy and see what all the new goodies.

Brad wilkinson
October 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
well I'm seeding, but there are only 2 peers in my peer list.

good thing I've set it to seed indefinately and have unlimited upload.

joelito
October 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Another seed here, well, on my 128kbs upstream conection it's not really much.