PDA

View Full Version : fuscia left the forums

steveneddy
March 17th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I was reading in the Resolution Center (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=723207) and I see that fuscia has decided to leave the forums about a comment and the resulting infraction.

Are the forums becoming more conservative in the past year or so?

I think that we all have come to know fuscia and respect fuscia for what they have to say and I think we all know that fuscia has a sense of humor that most may not understand.

I am sad to know that fuscia will not be a part of these forums anymore.

steveneddy
March 17th, 2008, 05:21 AM
My favorite fuscia quote:

that guy was pissed until i told him my laptop came with linux installed.

from this thread. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=191984)

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 05:22 AM
:cry:

uberlube
March 17th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Unfortunately, I couldn't read the offending post because of my limited account permissions so I can't say whether he deserved to be reported. I always enjoyed reading his posts and I hope he comes back after a cool-off period.

vishzilla
March 17th, 2008, 05:26 AM
:( too bad. I too enjoyed reading his posts!

potrick
March 17th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I've been lurking here a long time and I've got to say, his posts have been consistently of a high caliber. Learned a lot and laughed a lot. If people like him no longer fit in here I wonder what this community is becoming.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Looking at the profile, I see no reason why fuscia can't post. Perhaps fuscia is just taking a break for a while.

potrick
March 17th, 2008, 06:31 AM
ubuntu forums has become far more conservative since i first joined. for me, it's too conservative and it's time for this poster to move on. no hard feelings and best of luck to all.

It's more than a while.

uberlube
March 17th, 2008, 06:32 AM
He'll be back, lol

Footissimo
March 17th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I'm going to reverse the infraction, but Fuscia you have tested the limits of what is good taste and proper on the forums many times in the past. Maybe you are right, maybe the Ubuntu Forums is not the place for you.

Do you admin realise how ridiculous and authoritarian that post makes you sound? Seriously, when you're (group)thinking along these lines then you lot really need to start considering your positions .

Remember, the intolerant decisions you make on these board reflects badly on such a community orientated distro.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Do you admin realise how ridiculous and authoritarian that post makes you sound? Seriously, when you're (group)thinking along these lines then you lot really need to start considering your positions .

Remember, the intolerant decisions you make on these board reflects badly on such a community orientated distro.

Who said that? Do you know the history involved or what other issues there were?

Most of this stuff happens behind the scenes, so don't assume...

jrusso2
March 17th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I find my self carefully wording my posts now. It seems like the iron fist has descended on the forums.

aysiu
March 17th, 2008, 07:14 AM
It seems like the iron fist has descended on the forums. Really? Why? If you have specific instances to cite, please post them in the Resolution Center. If you don't like the outcome of the Resolution Center, you can bring it up with the Community Council.

I get really irritated with these vague insinuations.

loell
March 17th, 2008, 07:14 AM
what's the fuzz? its not like he denounce his membership from this forum.

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I find my self carefully wording my posts now.
Is that a bad thing? Frankly, I do that for reasons that have nothing to do with fear of punishment.

In any case, yes, I think the forum's moderation becomes less tolerant of violations of the Code of Conduct as it grows larger. This is not because we think everyone who violates it is evil, but simply because it becomes more difficult to manage.

Think of this place as a very large room consisting of persons of every age, nationality, and ideological persuasion. Then, think of how best to manage this room's ground rules in such a way that keeps the signal-to-noise ratio at a decent level.

aysiu
March 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
what's the fuzz? its not like he denounce his membership from this forum.
Exactly. If you read the Resolution Center post, the departure seems quite amicable, actually.

toupeiro
March 17th, 2008, 07:33 AM
While I don't have "specific instances" to cite (I have better things to do with my time than track for the sake of record things that offended me), I will say that I know to some extent how jrusso2 feels, and that has had a substantial amount to do with my reserved activity in this corner of the ubuntu/linux community. It hasn't all been with my own personal interactions, but what I've read in posts I've had nothing to do with as well, in trying to follow up on the root cause of a matter only to find the thread jailed for something ultimately isolated and minor. Sometimes, not directly breaking the terms and conditions at all, merely an unfavored passionate opinion. Although, I still come back to this board for its great resourcefulness and colorful diversity, what keeps me from becoming an active part of it again is the unpredictable ethics which seem to engage and disengage like a light switch based on the mood du jour. You can call it conjecture all you like, but if you really wanted to do the research, I doubt you will find what I am saying is misplaced.

Perhaps it is the fate of any board grown to this ones proportion. There may be some truth in that, but nevertheless it does not change the fact that these forums have been reconditioned. I suppose its up to every individual participating whether its been for the better or worse of the ubuntu community. Outside of areas of opinion such as this area, I still find these forums to be an invaluable resource to the linux community.

ghandi69_
March 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
While I don't have "specific instances" to cite (I have better things to do with my time than track for the sake of record things that offended me), I will say that I know to some extent how jrusso2 feels, and that has had a substantial amount to do with my reserved activity in this corner of the ubuntu/linux community. It hasn't all been with my own personal interactions, but what I've read in posts I've had nothing to do with as well, in trying to follow up on the root cause of a matter only to find the thread jailed for something ultimately isolated and minor. Sometimes, not directly breaking the terms and conditions at all, merely an unfavored passionate opinion. Although, I still come back to this board for its great resourcefulness and colorful diversity, what keeps me from becoming an active part of it again is the unpredictable ethics which seem to engage and disengage like a light switch based on the mood du jour. You can call it conjecture all you like, but if you really wanted to do the research, I doubt you will find what I am saying is misplaced.

Perhaps it is the fate of any board grown to this ones proportion. There may be some truth in that, but nevertheless it does not change the fact that these forums have been reconditioned. I suppose its up to every individual participating whether its been for the better or worse of the ubuntu community. Outside of areas of opinion such as this area, I still find these forums to be an invaluable resource to the linux community.

Agree...

I could be biased though, because I have read and learned more from Fuscia's posts than from any Mod, so I am sad to see him leave.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Agree...

I could be biased though, because I have read and learned more from Fuscia's posts than from any Mod, so I am sad to see him leave.

Don't blame the staff for that...

fuscia wasn't banned.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Really? Why? If you have specific instances to cite, please post them in the Resolution Center. If you don't like the outcome of the Resolution Center, you can bring it up with the Community Council.

I get really irritated with these vague insinuations.
Here, these 3, (i have seen worse threads last longer in my time on the UF):
http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=726202
http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=726194
http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=726198

( just FYI i mean no respect to anyone, i am just merely stating these 3 instances that happened today. i personally think the the staff does a great job, and as it is late i am in no mood to fight with them)

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM

( just FYI i mean no respect to anyone, i am just merely stating these 3 instances that happened today. i personally think the the staff does a great job, and as it is late i am in no mood to fight with them)

I see. The threads themselves were not closed because of the threads' contents but the fact that the poster was a spammer, and had threads active.

If you want spammers' threads to remain open, on the other hand, it may be interesting.

I for one would like not to have to deal with them as it takes so much time from doing normal posting.

toupeiro
March 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Don't blame the staff for that...

fuscia wasn't banned.

Perhaps not, but the fact remains his separation from the forums is due to the actions of moderation. Banned or not, thats really not the point. Fuscia was a tremendous resource to these forums. There are many times I've benefited from his contributions. There are also times we had conflicting opinions and ways about solving situations, but such is life.

You say don't blame the staff.

I say, I can't really blame fuscia.

So then, what of the next time this situation comes up? Will you ask all members not to blame staff because they didn't ban someone, just pissed them off bad enough to leave?

I mentioned in the past, that I have a lot of respect for certain staff members of this board, and having been (and actively am) a forum administrator in a different circle, There are two sides of the coin to consider. We, as members, have a code of conduct to follow, but also, admins need to check themselves too from time to time.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I see. The threads themselves were not closed because of the threads' contents but the fact that the poster was a spammer, and had threads active.

If you want spammers' threads to remain open, on the other hand, it may be interesting.

I for one would like not to have to deal with them as it takes so much time from doing normal posting.
what makes him a spammer? in his history all i see are these three threads and one about internet connection?

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 08:13 AM

Three threads, all started by the same person at the same time, making and inviting vague comparisons between Windows and GNU/Linux.

A good discussion is great. Those threads appeared to be just seeking trouble.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Three threads, all started by the same person at the same time, making and inviting vague comparisons between Windows and GNU/Linux.

A good discussion is great. Those threads appeared to be just seeking trouble.
i can see you point, but wouldent that be something more for the backyard than to have a new user, who may know nothing of this forum, to have his threads instantly locked?

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:15 AM
what makes him a spammer? in his history all i see are these three threads and one about internet connection?

It is in the jail of course!

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:16 AM
i can see you point, but wouldent that be something more for the backyard than to have a new user, who may know nothing of this forum, have his threads instantly jailed?

You didn't see the spam.

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
It is in the jail of course!
Exactly. Unfortunately, it's impossible to both remove spam, and to be transparent about why spammers have been banned.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:17 AM
You didn't see the spam.
oh... well how was i suppost to know that?

EDIT: nevermind, this is hop[eless

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Perhaps not, but the fact remains his separation from the forums is due to the actions of moderation.

So then, what of the next time this situation comes up? Will you ask all members not to blame staff because they didn't ban someone, just pissed them off bad enough to leave?

I mentioned in the past, that I have a lot of respect for certain staff members of this board, and having been (and actively am) a forum administrator in a different circle, There are two sides of the coin to consider. We, as members, have a code of conduct to follow, but also, admins need to check themselves too from time to time.

Looking at the actual issues (that are hidden), there is more to it. I am not going to discuss other members, but I will say that the full picture is only known to the staff and fuscia.

There is a lot of leniency going on, that people never know about.

If you feel an action of the staff was inappropriate, post in the Resolution Centre.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:20 AM
oh... well how was i suppost to know that?

EDIT: nevermind, this is hop[eless

Because I said it was an spam issue? I don't recall anyone being banned for spam when in fact there was no spam.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Because I said it was an spam issue? I don't recall anyone being banned for spam when in fact there was no spam.
i guess it dident click. anyway why were the threads that he made, which were not spam, locked? just because he spammed before?

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:25 AM
i guess it dident click. anyway why were the threads that he made, which were not spam, locked? just because he spammed before?

Mainly because for the sake of the community. It makes little sense to be responding to posts that are not made by a community member.

toupeiro
March 17th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Mainly because for the sake of the community. It makes little sense to be responding to posts that are not made by a community member.

so... an account on ubuntuforums != community member???

There must be some secret ubuntu forums member registry I never heard of.

Sounds an awful lot like a closed community practice to me.

my first post on these forums ever was how to get the WoW expansion working in Linux 1.5 hours after it was released in California.

I guess that should have been deleted along with anything else I've ever asked or done. or wait .. am I a community member or not?

uberlube
March 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I was just thinking the same thing.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
but they were half-way decent post's, some people even responded to them before it got locked. Just what did this person do to make this happen like this?

el mariachi
March 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
oooh man.... I loved his desktop screenshots and the adjacent jokes :KS

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM

To be a member of the UbuntuForums community, one must be a member of UbuntuForums. Makes sense to me...

I will also unlock those threads for you.

p_quarles

No, not if they've been banned for spamming. Just like me knocking on your door to sell you a vacuum cleaner doesn't make me your neighbor.

jrusso2

Awesome example of what I was stating. This was very heavy handed IMO. I see lots of examples of this type of action by certain mods. Are they all spammers?

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Awesome example of what I was stating. This was very heavy handed IMO

Ok, I unlocked them. Have fun(!)

Why is there a big ruckus of a spammer's threads?

toupeiro
March 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
No, not if they've been banned for spamming. Just like me knocking on your door to sell you a vacuum cleaner doesn't make me your neighbor.

But it doesn't mean you aren't my neighbor either....

Oddly enough, my neighbor JUST SO HAPPENS to sell vacuums.

NightwishFan
March 17th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Well hopefully fuscia will return. I advised fuscia to stay and seek resolution. We miss you. :(

uberlube
March 17th, 2008, 08:33 AM

+1

I have also found that some of the staff like to pick people apart for their relevant opinions and condescend them as well. Im not saying that the staff isn't doing a good job, but just because you have privilege, don't think that your opinions are the only ones that matter.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Well hopefully fuscia will return. I advised fuscia to stay and seek resolution. We miss you. :(

I hope so too.

(In case anyone is confused, my actions in this have nothing to do with fuscia, but someone brought up a spammer whose threads I closed, and for some inexplicable reason wants them open)

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:34 AM
your missing the point, what if you baught a house next to mine, that would make you my neibobor, even though the otherday you were trying to sell me vacumes, i would still accept you. so same with this guy, even though he was selling vacums, it's seems that he has moved into the forums.

EDIT: sorry, it took me a long time to type that

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM
+1

I have also found that some of the staff like to pick people apart for their relevant opinions and condescend them as well. Im not saying that the staff isn't doing a good job, but just because you have privilege, don't think that your opinions are the only ones that matter.

Great, more random accusations.

If anyone has a problem or dispute, post in the Resolution Centre.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:39 AM
(In case anyone is confused, my actions in this have nothing to do with fuscia, but someone brought up a spammer whose threads I closed, and for some inexplicable reason wants them open)
just so were clear, i never said that i wanted them opened. aysiu (http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=21941)wanted examples, so i gave them. i personally have no interest in the treads.

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 08:39 AM
your missing the point, what if you baught a house next to mine, that would make you my neibobor, even though the otherday you were trying to sell me vacumes, i would still accept you. so same with this guy, even though he was selling vacums, it's seems that he has moved into the forums.

EDIT: sorry, it took me a long time to type that
Okay, I take your point. It was a bad analogy. Spam is nothing like a door-to-door salesman. It's much more like junkmail that looks like a birthday card.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
just so were clear, i never said that i wanted them opened. aysiu (http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=21941)wanted examples, so i gave them. i personally have no interest in the treads.

Looking for things to critizise?

If you don't have a problem, don't invent them. The threads are open for you. It mattered it seemed. I was called heavy handed. They are open, well?

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Okay, I take your point. It was a bad analogy. Spam is nothing like a door-to-door salesman. It's much more like junkmail that looks like a birthday card.
are you seriously going to make me makeup an analogy about birthday card moving into the UF :lolflag:

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Awesome example of what I was stating. This was very heavy handed IMO. I see lots of examples of this type of action by certain mods. Are they all spammers?

It is open for you. Enjoy.

toupeiro
March 17th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Or, we can stop trying to give it an analogy as I believe we know what spam constitutes. This guy didn't seem to be singing happy birthday, here's 50 ****** for 1 cent plus 99.95 shipping and handling.

For the record, I've double posted unintentionally (even triple posted once due to a weird issue with firefox) As unsightly as it was, do those few isolated incidents make me a fully committed spammer?

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Looking for things to critizise?

If you don't have a problem, don't invent them. The threads are open for you. It mattered it seemed. I was called heavy handed. They are open, well?
no the whole thing happed because i have seen questions like this many times, and then a mod asks for examples, and nobody can deliver them because they can remember the threads, so this one time when i did see something i decided to post it. i never ment for this whole thing to break out like this, look at the bottom of my first post, and for what it's worth i'm sorry

uberlube
March 17th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Great, more random accusations.

If anyone has a problem or dispute, post in the Resolution Centre.

No worries, I don't have a problem and I know the protocol if I did. I just thought it was relevant and all I want is for the staff to kind of ease up a bit on some of the things they do. I know your jobs are difficult and I respect what you guys do. It's just that this is something that has gotten under my skin and I just wanted to get it out.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
no the whole thing happed because i have seen questions like this many times, and then a mod asks for examples, and nobody can deliver them because they can remember the threads, so this one time when i did see something i decided to post it. i never ment ro this whole thing to break out like this, look at the bottom of my first post.

So you pick threads that aren't examples?

If you want to criticize my actions, fine. It helps me develop and grow as a moderator. If you want to pick on random actions and criticize it for no reason, don't.

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Or, we can stop trying to give it an analogy as I believe we know what spam constitutes. This guy didn't seem to be singing happy birthday, here's 50 ****** for 1 cent plus 99.95 shipping and handling.
Some spammers headline their posts with GREAT DEALS. This one, on the other hand, was trying to disguise it as something legitimate, hence my analogy.

For the record, I've double posted unintentionally (even triple posted once due to a weird issue with firefox) As unsightly as it was, do those few isolated incidents make me a fully committed spammer?
No. As you well know, you've never broken any of the forum rules.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
No worries, I don't have a problem and I know the protocol if I did. I just thought it was relevant and all I want is for the staff to kind of ease up a bit on some of the things they do. I know your jobs are difficult and I respect what you guys do. It's just that this is something that has gotten under my skin and I just wanted to get it out.

Ease up on what?

Some of the things I do:

* Check the reports
* Check the Forum Feedback and Help and Resolution Centre
* Check my PM's for any requests or issues (there usually are requests for things)
* Go find threads I was interested in following and chatting and do some tech support

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:50 AM
So you pick threads that aren't examples?

If you want to criticize my actions, fine. It helps me develop and grow as a moderator. If you want to pick on random actions and criticize it for no reason, don't.
i was not trying to criticize you or anybody, for that matter, for what it's worth im sorry

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:52 AM
i was not trying to criticize you or anybody, for that matter.

You used my actions to exemplify your point. You used them as examples.

Others have used your post to say "that's what I am talking about". It was also an "awesome" example of "heavy handedness".

cerpin
March 17th, 2008, 08:52 AM

I dont understand how those posts where considered spam? unless they were posted several times or something. i actually like where the last post was going (ethics etc) I'm somewhat afraid to say but i disagree with the thread being closed :(

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I dont understand how those posts where considered spam? unless they were posted several times or something. i actually like where the last post was going (ethics etc) I'm somewhat afraid to say but i disagree with the thread being closed :(

THEY ARE OPEN! How many times do I have to say that.

I heard everyone clamour about them being closed. I opened them. Have fun.

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 08:55 AM
You used my actions to exemplify your point. You used them as examples.

Others have used your post to say "that's what I am talking about". It was also an "awesome" example of "heavy handedness".
1 - i am not in control of what other people say
2 - i did not even know for sure who locked the theads, i was just posting them as examples ( i actually thought ayisu locked them )
3 - sorry, ok, i don't want to continue fighting about something i never intended to fight about

toupeiro
Some spammers headline their posts with GREAT DEALS. This one, on the other hand, was trying to disguise it as something legitimate, hence my analogy.

No. As you well know, you've never broken any of the forum rules.

I don't profess myself to be any expert on the topic of spam, but as it so happens in 2 years working in banking and financial, one of my job requirements was to trend communications deemed spam or phishing and tell them apart from legitimate communique.

These links, while not alltogether tactful, were not something I would call 'spam'. I'm more concerned with the situation surrounding fuscia than I am these particular incidents, though I can see how they are indirectly connected.

Perhaps thats splitting hairs.

And, while I am glad I am not considered a spammer of this forum, I felt it was prudent to ask given the subject matter uncovered in this thread. Yes, I know I have not broken any forum rules, but I know that consequence has not always necessarily followed suitable cause.

Thank you for the clarification, either way.

I just hope ALL admins will be as diligent in checking themselves as they want us to be to the forum code. I think in doing so, there will be less situations like this.

uberlube
Ease up on what?

Some of the things I do:

* Check the reports
* Check the Forum Feedback and Help and Resolution Centre
* Check my PM's for any requests or issues (there usually are requests for things)
* Go find threads I was interested in following and chatting and do some tech support

All I wanted to do was voice my opinion and give the staff something to think about when their frustrated for whatever reason and respond to posts. Im not going to start throwing out examples of them because I don't want to start a war here and I never said you individually. Those who have been heavy handed for no reason know who they are and like I said, its just something for you guys to think about.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I just hope ALL admins will be as diligent in checking themselves as they want us to be to the forum code. I think in doing so, there will be less situations like this.

Situations like what?

cerpin
March 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
THEY ARE OPEN! How many times do I have to say that.

I heard everyone clamour about them being closed. I opened them. Have fun.

Relax! Im not trying to attack you with accusations of any sort, i posted as i read, guess that was a mistake. as I continued reading i saw that you had opened them. The problem doesn't lie in them being opened or closed, it had to do with the fact that they were closed for a reason i wasn't aware of.

no disrespect intended, pure communication of opinion :)

edit: fixed a SP or two

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
These links, while not alltogether tactful, were not something I would call 'spam'. I'm more concerned with the situation surrounding fuscia than I am these particular incidents, though I can see how they are indirectly connected.
Those links weren't the spam. The spam was removed. And fuscia is welcome to post here. He has chosen not to post for the past several days. You'll have to ask him about that.

For the record, the forum officially does not consider fuscia a spammer, either.

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Relax! Im not trying to attack you with accusations of any sort, i posted as i read, guess that was a mistake. as I continued reading i saw that you had opened them. The problem doesn't lie in them being opened or closed, it had to do with the fact that they were closed for a reason i wasn't aware of.

no disrespect intended, pure communication of opinion :)

edit: fixed a SP or two

Sorry, I didn't realize you were new to the conversation :)

toupeiro
March 17th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Situations like what?

Situations where one of your (your being inclusive to ubuntuforums) members is having to defend himself for applying constructive criticism to a staff member, or for a member with a history of great contribution getting so fed up with what could be considered abuse of policy, that he leaves on his own accord with the moderators leveraging the fact that they didn't ban him as their purification.

KiwiNZ
March 17th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I will remind all of you that the staff here are VOLUNTEERS.

They give countless hours unpaid to make these Forums a good place for all

I will further remind you that there is an agreed process to follow if you are unhappy with , or disagree with an action that has been taken. That is the Resolution Centre.

Also you may wish to take into account that we have a large number of new staff. They are human ,and can make mistakes.

As I said there is an agreed process to question staff actions and this thread is not it.

I am not prepared to have a bash fest of volunteer staff, it is inapropriate and hurtful.

I am closing this thread .

LaRoza
March 17th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Situations where one of your (your being inclusive to ubuntuforums) members is having to defend himself for applying constructive criticism to a staff member, or for a member with a history of great contribution getting so fed up with what could be considered abuse of policy, that he leaves on his own accord with the moderators leveraging the fact that they didn't ban him as their purification.

A member of this forum has their own forum in which they have different rules (specifically towards art). This member has never applied his personal rules to this forum and respected that aspect of UbuntuForums.

The issues surrounding fuscia, as far as I can tell, is not from malice, but from a different perspective which clashed with the rules.

The codes of conduct, links are below, are supposed to be followed.

<edit>

Sorry, I posted when this thread was open, not after.

frodon
March 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Wow, all that for that !

As KiwiNZ said if you have something to complain about use the resolution center, i always found such threads inappropriate and unproductive. Ok i go back helping users in support areas.