PDA

View Full Version : Thank you one and all

KiwiNZ
March 16th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I am not sure if this has been said , but I think its way over due.

Look at our stats , read any review about us, and it shows that we have a fantastic Forum.

This is due to the fantastic work put in by the Moderating staff. But more over the success of this Forum is because of you , the membership.
We have a great membership here , a lively vibrant group that is only too willing to help , especially in the abosolute beginners section. This is where we get and retain our new members.

Like all families we some disputes and disagreements, but these are worked through and we grow because of them.

So I just wanted to say thank you to all our members and staff. For making this Forum what it is today.

matthew
March 16th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I would like to agree publicly with absolutely everything KiwiNZ just said. Thank you members! You truly are the best anywhere and each of you make this community what it is.

billgoldberg
March 16th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I'm happy to help.

StooJ
March 16th, 2008, 11:35 PM
As one of those absolute beginners, I'd like to throw in my thanks.

When I run across problems I almost always find a solution somewhere here, and have never felt too afraid to ask dumb questions, although search (http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php) usually sorts me out.

Using Ubuntu is far far easier than I ever would have expected (previously being a windows "power user") but I couldn't have done it without this place.

FuturePilot
March 16th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I love helping here:)
This is really one of the best, friendliest forums out there. \\:D/

jken146
March 16th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I used to hate forums. :)

corney91
March 16th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I am not sure if this has been said , but I think its way over due.

Look at our stats , read any review about us, and it shows that we have a fantastic Forum.

This is due to the fantastic work put in by the Moderating staff. But more over the success of this Forum is because of you , the membership.
We have a great membership here , a lively vibrant group that is only too willing to help , especially in the abosolute beginners section. This is where we get and retain our new members.

Like all families we some disputes and disagreements, but these are worked through and we grow because of them.

So I just wanted to say thank you to all our members and staff. For making this Forum what it is today.
+∞
A huge thanks from me to everyone in the forum for keeping that sense of community, which makes Ubuntu what it is:KS

Oh, and KiwiNZ, great interview with KMandla (http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/an-interview-with-kiwinz/):)

hhhhhx
March 17th, 2008, 01:24 AM
it's unlike any other forum i've been to :)

Daveski
March 17th, 2008, 01:24 AM
A big collective pat on the back.
I do think this is a great community, and one in which I am proud to be a member.

herbster
March 17th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Great community indeed!! :)

Bruce M.
March 17th, 2008, 02:40 AM
KiwiNZ, you couldn't have said it better.

We are a huge family, we are Ubuntonians!

Thank you Ubuntonians, for being who you are and accepting me for who I am.

And as customs go, shaking hands here, patting backs there, kissing a cheek, kissing both cheeks, a hug, bowing, tipping my hat, removing my hat in greeting .... Thank you.

If I missed a custom, and I'm sure I did, please excuse me.
Bruce

Taino
March 17th, 2008, 04:00 AM

This place has sure grown alot in just a few short years :) theres lots to be proud of and thankful for by everyone, good job all :biggrin:

:popcorn:

Ptero-4
March 17th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks, everyone. This is a very nice place.

steveneddy
March 17th, 2008, 04:46 AM
here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=688590)

p_quarles
March 17th, 2008, 05:07 AM
What everyone else said. I belong to a few other forums, but this is the only one I've ever visited on a frequent basis. It's a great place for all sorts of reasons.

steveneddy
March 17th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by fuscia:

at times, the learning curve with some of this stuff is so long, it appears to be flat. for me, it's often overwhelming, but it's a blast. as a singer and actor, whenever i couldn't do something, the solution was to fake my way through it. if i try to fake something on linux, nothing happens. this experience is forcing me to learn thoroughness and precision (something my friends and family don't need to know, ok?). the ubuntu forums are filled with the most helpful people i have come across on the internet.

from this thread. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=93518)

ubuntu-freak
March 17th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by fuscia:

from this thread. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=93518)

Well said. Tis a great community.

Nathan

ubuntu-freak
April 9th, 2008, 05:09 AM
This thread didn't last long enough. We should be talking about how great we are as a community. A bit of self loving instead of self loathing and all that shizzle. ;-)

Nathan

ShodanjoDM
April 9th, 2008, 05:26 AM
This thread didn't last long enough. We should be talking about how great we are as a community. A bit of self loving instead of self loathing and all that shizzle. ;-)

Nathan

Bump!
I'm here to help (usually to get help though... :D)

Thank you all, mods and members alike, for this forum.
Before anyone wonder, no, I'm not a forum addict, I can quit anytime, yea... I guess :lolflag: