PDA

View Full Version : "Bill Gates Recommends Ubuntu" (Joke)

kdragon
May 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
it belong to Bill Gates
http://apollo.divshare.com/files/2007/05/02/546273/ubuntugatesyv0.jpg

I have no idea :lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag:

MilosDusan
May 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Uhhggg.. You know the sad part? That wouldn't surprise me that he stuck his MS nose in it since a vast majority are swapping out from Vista

Swarms
May 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/4/4f/Jewbuntu.png/400px-Jewbuntu.png

:)

syms
October 29th, 2007, 08:46 PM
listen to world billioner Bill Gates! he says the true.

and here few others cool links.:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lbrash/msjokes/*******.jpg
http://toastytech.com/evil/billwanted.html
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html
p.s. sorry in english and sorry if this is not right forum.

santiagoward2000
October 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
:lolflag: He finally got tired of the Blue Screen of Death!!

dfreer
October 29th, 2007, 08:50 PM
ummm.... photoshop ftw?

kast
October 29th, 2007, 08:50 PM
hahahahah got to love photo shop Oh.. i mean GIMP :)

new2*buntu
October 30th, 2007, 01:39 AM
lol
Nice photo editing.

n3tfury
October 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
what's funny is, the OP thinks it's real. rofl.

Steve1961
October 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Very nice. If only... :lolflag:

juxtaposed
October 30th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I know it is a joke, but if he actually recommended Ubuntu... I wouldn't feel too good about Ubuntu.

inversekinetix
October 31st, 2007, 01:59 AM
I know it is a joke, but if he actually recommended Ubuntu... I wouldn't feel too good about Ubuntu.

why not? would it lose some inherent quality if bill recommended it? or would it become less 'alternative'

juxtaposed
October 31st, 2007, 08:21 PM
why not? would it lose some inherent quality if bill recommended it? or would it become less 'alternative'

I just wouldn't trust his advice. I'd think "Hey, before he recommended Windows, when I don't think that would be the best recommendation, now he recommends Ubuntu, hmmm..."

Rustafur
October 31st, 2007, 09:00 PM
This must be another one of Steve Bahlmer's crazy strategies. ;)

syms
October 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
i think Bill Gates is not using his operating system - windows, because he really know that this system unstable, bad, unreliable etc. so he is not stupid and he is using ubuntu or mac in his work

dfreer
October 31st, 2007, 09:39 PM
i think Bill Gates is not using his operating system - windows, because he really know that this system unstable, bad, unreliable etc. so he is not stupid and he is using ubuntu or mac in his work

That's just silly, surely you're joking... right...? 8-O

Graduate
November 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM
For some reason I went back to Vista because I needed a new install. It just reminded me how much it blows. XP or Ubuntu for me.

Anthrax9
November 2nd, 2007, 07:54 AM
:lolflag: He finally got tired of the Blue Screen of Death!!
Thats True!!!
hopefully after recommending he starts funding ubuntu

mysticmatrix
November 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM

It is not 'his' operating system. He got it 'licensed' by M$ corp. :lolflag:

JustifY
November 3rd, 2007, 02:45 AM
Vista has been fine for me. Ubuntu has been the pain in my *** as far as getting games to work goes.

No viruses, none of this ******** y'all keep talking about for Vista. No Blue screen of death. Both OSes are fine, I like Ubuntu better, but I prefer Vista because installing and running games aren't hard.

'Sides, no one on this forum gives me any help. I wouldn't be writing this write now if more than one of my four threads about Wine had been answered. And the one that was answered was "where do I get Wine?"

3 threads later, 2 were the same topic because mine got pushed to the back multiple times in the same day, no answers, no nothing. 2 hours, 8 views. Blah Blah Blah. I'm sick of these debates. Sick of Microsoft, but until games are supported for Linux, I'm gonna have to stick with Windows. Cuz I can't get any of the support I need from these forums (for Wine for Newbs to Linux). No offense meant.

EMCGFX
March 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM
http://www.fayerwayer.com/up/2007/04/bill_gates_ubuntu_mini.jpg

Midwest-Linux
March 15th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Priceless

EMCGFX
March 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah, this one is even funnier, no kids please! > <snip />

Specter043
March 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Nice.

Quake
March 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Lol, I should probably print it and post it around the city :P

Mr. Picklesworth
March 15th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Why isn't the same attention to detail put into a legitimate image similar to this one but featuring a well known / rich / famous person who actually does recommend Ubuntu? (Either the operating system or the philosophy)...

Possible candidates:

-Nelson Mandella
-Mark Shuttleworth
-A regular Ubuntu user who happens to look like Billy G or Steve J

Then again, I guess Bill's foundation does strive to uphold the philosophy of ubuntu...
Maybe ask him for permission? Could be an interesting dillemma :P

hhhhhx
March 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
lol

phrostbyte
March 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
For some reason this doesn't seem outlandish. :KS

Lux Perpetua
March 15th, 2008, 07:58 PM
You are easily amused.

deepclutch
March 15th, 2008, 08:03 PM
haha!we miss RMS there! :D does he will pose for that?well we need to say GNU/Linux for that! :lol:

billgoldberg
March 15th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Why isn't the same attention to detail put into a legitimate image similar to this one but featuring a well known / rich / famous person who actually does recommend Ubuntu? (Either the operating system or the philosophy)...

Possible candidates:

-Nelson Mandella
-Mark Shuttleworth
-A regular Ubuntu user who happens to look like Billy G or Steve J

Then again, I guess Bill's foundation does strive to uphold the philosophy of ubuntu...
Maybe ask him for permission? Could be an interesting dillemma :P

Yeah, maybe some world famous celeb (no pop princesses or movie stars please) could show his/her support and the ubuntu people can create some picture like the picture in the OP.

Mark Shuttleworth isn't really a celeb, even most ubuntu users don't know who he is (they should!).

But that bill picture is priceless, I grabbing that one for sure.

Joeb454
March 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
We need....

CHUCK NORRIS!! :lolflag:

EMCGFX
March 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
@ Joeb454, here you go.
http://i26.tinypic.com/993r50.jpg

Chame_Wizard
March 15th, 2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.fayerwayer.com/up/2007/04/bill_gates_ubuntu_mini.jpg

:lolflag::lolflag:Priceless:guitar:

O3.
March 15th, 2008, 11:31 PM
lol

bred
March 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
hehehe
nice!:lolflag:

hhhhhx
March 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Paris Hilton should be on there for her contrabutions to the linux kernel

EMCGFX
March 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM
@ xhhux, wow I did not know that Paris Hilton is a kernel programmer. LOL

deepclutch
March 16th, 2008, 12:03 AM
next on the raw is Lindsey Lohan developer of Kde? :lol:

DeadSuperHero
March 16th, 2008, 02:09 AM
What about one of the guys from Mythbusters, who actually suggested Ubuntu?

PurposeOfReason
March 16th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I mean, I can slap a figure and a false statement on an image too. :roll: Whether in fun, jest, or some outlandish reason it is nothing but childish and is not an image Ubuntu needs. Not to mention that, as silly as it may sound, putting that in quotes with his signature can cause legal troubles.

EMCGFX
March 16th, 2008, 02:26 AM
@ PurposeOfReason, Everyone in Ubuntu Community has a free speech. So, Bill Gates can't due nothing about it =D Especially if its a joke.

JeffoOfMetal
March 16th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Wait, the mythbusters had something to do with Ubuntu? When?

EMCGFX
March 16th, 2008, 02:38 AM
@ JeffoOfMetal, I think his just playing.

Perpetual
March 16th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I can't figure out how to delete this post.:confused:

Perpetual
March 16th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Wait, the mythbusters had something to do with Ubuntu? When?

MythBusters: 7 Tech Headaches—and How to Fix Them
Innovation is meant to make life easier. So why is this TV geek so annoyed? (Click here for more PM stories by the MythBusters, and watch brand-new episodes starting Jan. 16!)
By Jamie Hyneman
Published in the February 2008

Computer operating systems loaded with stuff I don't want and will never use.
In the tech world this phenomenon is known as “software bloat” or “feature bloat.” It's a well-documented problem and a frequent complaint about Windows OSs—Vista in particular. In addition to being buggy, the extra features tend to bog down your system by demanding more processing power and memory. Computer-makers: Don't load up operating systems with features and then make us sweat to figure out how to get rid of the fat.

Most features can be set up as options. Why not start with a computer loaded with basic stuff that works 100 percent of the time? Then, give us the option of adding the bells and whistles. There's another solution available to consumers: Switch to a Linux-based OS such as Ubuntu. Since most Linux OSs are free, there's no business reason to bloat up the system with feature frills.

And high-tech companies—stop messing with us on your treadmill of upgrades while making the old stuff obsolete. It may be that any software company that didn't routinely upgrade its product would go out of business. But what if the rest of the world worked this way? Oh, I lost a sock. I need to get a whole new wardrobe because the replacement sock is version 2.0.1, and the stores now only sell version 2.0.3.

Full article. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4243994.html?page=1)

Landon.

PurposeOfReason
March 16th, 2008, 02:49 AM
@ PurposeOfReason, Everyone in Ubuntu Community has a free speech. So, Bill Gates can't due nothing about it =D Especially if its a joke.
Freedom of speech only goes so far and hiding it behind a joke means jack.

EMCGFX
March 16th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Lol

hhhhhx
March 16th, 2008, 03:14 AM
MythBusters: 7 Tech Headaches—and How to Fix Them
Innovation is meant to make life easier. So why is this TV geek so annoyed? (Click here for more PM stories by the MythBusters, and watch brand-new episodes starting Jan. 16!)
By Jamie Hyneman
Published in the February 2008

Computer operating systems loaded with stuff I don't want and will never use.
In the tech world this phenomenon is known as “software bloat” or “feature bloat.” It's a well-documented problem and a frequent complaint about Windows OSs—Vista in particular. In addition to being buggy, the extra features tend to bog down your system by demanding more processing power and memory. Computer-makers: Don't load up operating systems with features and then make us sweat to figure out how to get rid of the fat.

Most features can be set up as options. Why not start with a computer loaded with basic stuff that works 100 percent of the time? Then, give us the option of adding the bells and whistles. There's another solution available to consumers: Switch to a Linux-based OS such as Ubuntu. Since most Linux OSs are free, there's no business reason to bloat up the system with feature frills.

And high-tech companies—stop messing with us on your treadmill of upgrades while making the old stuff obsolete. It may be that any software company that didn't routinely upgrade its product would go out of business. But what if the rest of the world worked this way? Oh, I lost a sock. I need to get a whole new wardrobe because the replacement sock is version 2.0.1, and the stores now only sell version 2.0.3.

Full article. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4243994.html?page=1)

Landon.
mythbusters and Ubuntu combined, my life is now complete :)

JeffoOfMetal
March 16th, 2008, 03:19 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking! :)

meanmrmustard
March 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
...sooner or later

insineratehymn
March 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Haha.

I believe that I read in an interview with <snip> Gates where they asked him "Do you have any computers in your house which are not MS?" He quickly responded, "No. All of my computers are running Vista."

I feel bad for him.

bigbrovar
March 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
i think something like that happened last year cus i rememered that ubuntu was recommended in the windows market place .. although the advert was taken down after it was taken to the notice of the THE MAN

Mr. Picklesworth
March 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Okay, someone needs to start filtering any posts relating to this image. I see it posted in the Cafe just about every day, and it is now well over a year old.
Sheesh!
:(

/end cranky morning mode

aysiu
March 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Okay, someone needs to start filtering any posts relating to this image. I see it posted in the Cafe just about every day, and it is now well over a year old.
Sheesh!
:(

/end cranky morning mode
That and the sudo make me a sandwich cartoon...

LaRoza
March 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
That and the sudo make me a sandwich cartoon...

...and the man woman thing, it is old people, get over it.

meanmrmustard
March 24th, 2008, 08:40 PM
what's funny is, the OP thinks it's real. rofl.

Not likely mate!
LOL

Tomatz
March 27th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Proof at last!

:lolflag:

Tomatz
March 27th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Arrrrgh that messed me up :(

You moved it!

Google Spider
March 27th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone tried Microsoft Firefox (http://msfirefox.com/) ?

Let me know if its good.

Tomatz
March 27th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Anyone tried Microsoft Firefox (http://msfirefox.com/) ?

Let me know if its good.

LOL Quailiy :)