PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubuntu

Badmonkey005
March 14th, 2008, 07:48 PM
This topic is simply to show my appreciation for Ubuntu, everyone that helped develop it, everyone that made it free, and everyone that helps out in these forums.

Twice I have had a computer die on me where I needed to reinstall Windows and was unable to do anything prior to that. Ubuntu and this community helped me save VALUABLE data, including my entire web design portfolio (twice).

Just the other day I was trying to reformat a hard drive that once had Windows on it and of course Windows is only massacistic when it wants to be and would not let me delete everything off the hard drive nor re-format it. I turned back to these forums, downloaded and burned the Live CD, got the information I needed and used gparted (i think that was it?) to do what I needed to do.

It's just awesome to have an easy, cheap way to get around the restrictions that computers place on the users and I had to show my appreciation in some way.

Thank you.

drbob07
March 14th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I trust that you've backed up your web design portfolio in a safe place now? ;)

GSF1200S
March 14th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Heh.. its more than a good tool to fix/repair windows problems and recover data- its actually a good operating system too!! ;)