PDA

View Full Version : Open Source CMS, Anyone Interested?

The Titan
March 13th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm considering writing a new open source PHP/MySQL CMS project. If anyone interested? I have most of the resources needed for developing the project covered. Reply here, PM or message me on Google talk! thetit4n@gmail.com!

klange
March 14th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I GPL'd my forum/news/calendar, so if you want some help with any of those, I'd be glad to aid you with your project.

The Titan
March 14th, 2008, 01:55 AM
actually i was going to write everything from scratch...

DeadSuperHero
March 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
actually i was going to write everything from scratch...

Well, that just means that you've got a starting point to build from! Nothing wrong with that! In fact, I think most GPL'ed software developers would be honored to have some of their code contributed to another project.

The Titan
March 14th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Well, that just means that you've got a starting point to build from! Nothing wrong with that! In fact, I think most GPL'ed software developers would be honored to have some of their code contributed to another project.
I just wanted to do all from scratch for security reasons, and it will be easier to squish bugs because most of the coding will be done in a similar way.

klange
March 14th, 2008, 02:17 AM
You asked for help and I offered it, only to be met with a disrespectful refusal. I'm going to withdraw my previous offer.