PDA

View Full Version : What has been your Cowon experience?

aysiu
March 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM
My Cowon iAudio 7 experience has been less than ideal, and I'm curious as to how other people's experiences with the company's products have been. Was mine a fluke?

blithen
March 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I own a Cowon D2.
My experience has been AMAZING!!!!
I mean..I was an iPod fanboy at first. But then Cowon came along and everything about it was 100 times better then iPod.

Sunflower1970
March 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I have the iAudio6 My experience has been excellent. Even after a drop onto concrete the thing keeps on going. (Mine's the one with the mini hard drive in it. Not flash drive)

Whiffle
March 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I had an M3. It died (my fault), but up until then it was excellent. Only issues I had was occasionally fickle firmware and issues with the remote cord, other than that it was solid. My sister has one thats the same age, and it keeps going...

aysiu
March 29th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Well, my Cowon iAudio 7 died and it wasn't my fault. This was only three months after I purchased it--the screen ended up all messed up, and it definitely was not my fault, but Cowon wanted me to pay $57 to replace the LCD screen. What a cheapy player. I'm glad other people here seemed to have had good experiences with Cowon, but I wouldn't touch them again with a ten-foot pole. I'm sticking with Sandisk from here on out.

mintochris
March 29th, 2008, 05:10 AM
i have an iaudio x5 and it's been perfect. About 2 or 3 years old now and still going strong, battery life in excess of 6 hours still.

warp99
March 29th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I have a F2 and it works great with Amarok. I also can store pictures in the metadata using AlbumArt as long as I use ID3v2 version 2.3 tags and the ISO-8859-1 settings in Music Brainz's Picard program. Does MP3, OGG, WMA, ASF, FLAC, WAV plus video playback. I haven't figured out how to mencoder some video so it will play on the F2, but I don't use if for video anyway. :)

mmetan
October 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
i ve got a Q5w anyone has an idea? touchpad etc...

ww711
October 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Mostly positive, my D2 is sufficient for my needs. Though they could improve on their present method of upgrading firmware.

Ub1476
October 14th, 2008, 05:21 PM
My iAudio 7 is excellent. Of course, I wish it had a better interface and a better design (such as the iPod), but the sound and battery is superior. Really light and small too, and works with Linux.

I've had mine since July.

Zenrunner92
January 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I have the D2+ and love the sound quality, but the clunky GUI took some getting used to.

Also, transferring music files from an Ubuntu computer freezes up the player, while from Windows is fine...that's my main gripe.