PDA

View Full Version : What was the first Nightwish song you heard?

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Sacrament of Wilderness, it is still one of my favorites. It was played in a Pimpest Plays movie for Starcraft I think.

Kingsley
March 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
The first song I heard was Wishmaster. Some kid used it to make a video for some online game I used to play. These days, I think Amaranth is a pretty pimp song.

Perfect Storm
March 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Tenth Man Down

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Their best song in my insanely biased opinion is Poet and the Pendulum. The orchestral Amaranth is good in the new single.

intense.ego
March 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I never actually even heard of nightwish before seeing your username on some other threads and searching them on wikipedia

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I never actually even heard of nightwish before seeing your username on some other threads.

Well basically they are the only modern band I listen to. So I tend to choose my forum names in respect to them.

Ebuntor
March 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
"Crimson Tide" which was composed by Hans Zimmer.

sunexplodes
March 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeewww, Nightwish.

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeewww, Nightwish.

Why ew? If you are going to take the time to post that why not just explain why?

(curious not mad)

Sunflower1970
March 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Being a Phantom of the Opera fan, I was doing a search for different versions of the main title theme from the ALW stage show many a year ago and came across Nightwish's version. I was instantly hooked from that point forward.

Bungo Pony
March 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Elvenpath. It's still one of my favorites. I came across it while browsing some guy's music collection on a P2P network and figured I'd try something new. I now own two Nightwish albums, and I'm looking to get more. They're freakin' expensive though due to import costs.

And no, I'm not a fan of their new album. I much prefer Tarja and I grabbed My Winter Storm which isn't half bad.

Sunflower1970
March 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM
And no, I'm not a fan of their new album. I much prefer Tarja and I grabbed My Winter Storm which isn't half bad.

I do miss Tarja, but find I'm liking Annette more and more.

I also have My Winter Storm and love it. :D I also have her X-mas album Henkäys Ikuisuudesta. Very beautiful

Bungo Pony
March 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I've been meaning to try grabbing her Xmas album. But hey, My Winter Storm is kindof an Xmassy album :)

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I really don't listen to her albums, since it is a different genre of music. I admire Tuomas more than her as a musician. However, despite the vanity, she does do well.

Erik Trybom
March 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Think it was their cover of Gary Moore's "Over the hills and far away". Perhaps in 2003 or so? Heard it on Snakenet Metal Radio, which is a great place to pick up new metal music.

I'm not a particular fan of Nightwish but some of their songs are OK. I like their version of "Phantom of the Opera".

uberlube
March 12th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well after NightwishFan sparked my interest, I found Ever Dream, Elvenpath and Bless the Child. Now I'm hooked. :)

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Bless the child is great. Good music video as well. I have Tuomas' hair style from back then. :)

uberlube
March 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Stylish :) I really think that Tuomas has more of an image than the other male members. Although Marco looks pretty badass!

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 07:05 PM
If I could grow a beard like him he would be my idol. :)

Sunflower1970
March 12th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Stylish :) I really think that Tuomas has more of an image than the other male members. Although Marco looks pretty badass!

Tuomas is very cute :KS .... When I saw them in concert he cracked me up how he would pose up onstage for photos for fans. (Cameras and recording devices were allowed in to the venue I saw them in). His makeup was similar to Johnny Depp's in Pirates of the Caribbean... :) Methinks he has a pirate fascination (lol)

But what a poet! His lyrics are absolutely beautiful. I love to just read them with no music playing. The true beauty of them stands out then. And the stories they tell as well.

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wow. I wish I could forward that to him. Tuomas is the only musician whom I wanted to be more like. Rather than make music he puts real beauty in his words and sets the mood perfectly with the music. They are the only band that is worth time and money listening to, the way I see it.

sloggerkhan
March 12th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Hmm.. Definately the Oceanborn album, not sure which track... either Stargazers or Sleeping Sun.

Favorite songs:
Sleeping Sun
Over the Hills and Far Away
Creek Mary's Blood
She is my Sin
Passion and the Opera

....well, really I like pretty much all their songs :)

Polygon
March 12th, 2008, 08:36 PM
planet hell was the first one, i have all of their albums now ;)

SZorg
March 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I wish I had an Angel. Pretty much an amazing song.

NightwishFan
March 12th, 2008, 08:55 PM
They do a great version of Wish I had an Angel live in the End of an Era DVD.

SZorg
March 12th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I might have to give that a look-see, then.

jou770d
March 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Their "Walking In The Air" cover was my first song. Then I grabbed Oceanborn and now I have their full discography.