PDA

View Full Version : slight bug with sig validation

sloggerkhan
March 12th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I think there's something wrong with the sig validation code...
When you go over 250 chars, it also tells you that you have too many lines even if you don't.

hhhhhx
March 13th, 2008, 06:24 AM
it's 250 char or 4 lines, whichever come first, i believe, quite restricted, i might add.

LaRoza
March 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
it's 250 char or 4 lines, whichever come first, i believe, quite restricted, i might add.

Yes, it is quite restricted. Even now some people manage to have sigs much larger than their average post and that is quite distracting.

sloggerkhan
March 13th, 2008, 09:48 PM
yeah, well, I wan't so much worried about the restriction. I just thought is was weird that if you have a 2 line sig that goes over the word count the error message also says you have too many lines, not that it really matters that much.

LaRoza
March 13th, 2008, 10:04 PM
yeah, well, I wan't so much worried about the restriction. I just thought is was weird that if you have a 2 line sig that goes over the word count the error message also says you have too many lines, not that it really matters that much.

It befuddles me as well.

matthew
March 13th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Gremlins. I blame gremlins.

hhhhhx
March 13th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Yes, it is quite restricted. Even now some people manage to have sigs much larger than their average post and that is quite distracting.
cant you turn off sig's though?

Gremlins. I blame gremlins.
hmmm... it all makes perfect scence now

1. shorter Sig's
2. ???
3. Profit !!