PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Brainstorm advertisement posts

chewearn
March 11th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I have been seeing sporadic threads, often in the support sections of ubuntuforums, of people advertising their ubuntu brainstorm idea.

I would like to suggest that, at the minimum, these threads be moved to Community Cafe.

Or better, Brainstorm ideas should be confined to the brainstorm.ubuntu.com. Duplicating a thread here for discussion is redundant.

What do you think?

Forrest Gumpp
March 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM
As yet I have not voted in this poll.

It is still very early days for Ubuntu Brainstorm. Already there have arisen issues, at least one of which, the voting process, has been commented upon in this Forum by aysiu, a Forum staff member whose fairness and helpfulness would be known to just about all.

aysiu is not one for placing his comments in the wrong place. For him to have commented here there has to have been a reason. Perhaps other Forum members have seen a need to promote their ideas in the support sections for similar reasons.

I would be most interested to know, of all who have so far voted in this poll, how many have actually attempted to log in to Brainstorm to post.

For those who may not be aware, your Ubuntu Forums userID and password does not suffice to log you in to Brainstorm. I find this alone astounding, and concerning, for reasons given in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=713364 post # 7

My concerns may well be allayed in the log-in page of Brainstorm, a page which I have as yet been unable to visit to complete my registration due to some sort of problem with Evolution at my end preventing access to my email. The Brainstorm site at this point impresses me as singularly lacking in any means of communicating with its administration, a deficiency which I would expect to shortly see rectified,

There is an old saying that there is no better opportunity for killing off an idea than that of strangling it at birth. This proposal smacks of that. I think it is premature to propose any such prohibition or quarantining of discussion here, discussion that after all will only proceed if there is genuine interest on the part of members.

Even granting possible seeming redundancy of such discussion, if there is one, or a number, of fundamental flaws in the Brainstorm voting system, it will only be that very redundancy that may spotlight such flaws.