PDA

View Full Version : 'Preview Post' causes loss of formatting

SilentCacophony
October 5th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Hello. I've experienced problems with the 'Preview Post' option causing all of the paragraphs to be jammed togther in the edit box since the forum upgrade. I've tried deleting cookies to see if they were the cause, but they appear not to be. I'm using Firefox 1.06.

I haven't seen any other threads on this, so I'm not sure if it's actually a forum bug or not, but it seems to be.

If not, then any suggestions?

SilentCacophony
October 5th, 2005, 02:43 PM
This is what I get after previewing, and adding this comment:

Hello. I've experienced problems with the 'Preview Post' option causing all of the paragraphs to be jammed togther in the edit box since the forum upgrade. I've tried deleting cookies to see if they were the cause, but they appear not to be. I'm using Firefox 1.06.
I haven't seen any other threads on this, so I'm not sure if it's actually a forum bug or not, but it seems to be.
If not, then any suggestions?

skoal
October 5th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I'm glad you posted this, since I thought I was alone here. However, I've already brought this issue to the attention of keener minds than myself. They're currently working on a whole suite of recent changes to these forums, and are looking into this as well. Stay tuned my "preview post loving" brother. They're hunting down the bug with a can of Raid even as we speak...

\\//_

philipacamaniac
October 6th, 2005, 06:08 PM
The problem, whatever it may be, is also affecting post editing. Whenever you go to edit a post, all the linebreaks are stripped out (very annoying, especially when a mod edited your post but forgot to reformat it exactly how you had it).

I've tested it in Konqueror and Firefox, so I'm pretty sure it is a problem with the site and how it parses posts into editing fields.

Unregistered
October 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I'm glad you posted this, since I thought I was alone here.

Uh oh. Here comes my semi-regular, early 90's, AOL flashback.

Me too.
Me too.
Me too.

SFN
October 6th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Uh oh. Here comes my semi-regular, early 90's, AOL flashback.
Me too.
Me too.
Me too.

What the......

That was me. Didn't realize that I wasn't signed in.

Unregistered posts are allowed now? That's the road to hell, I tell ya.

kassetra
October 6th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Working on it. There are still a few bugs plaguing me with the new themes and such.

Please continue telling me about these until I get them all ironed out. :)

skoal
October 6th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I've tested it in Konqueror and Firefox, so I'm pretty sure it is a problem with the site and how it parses posts into editing fields.
You, sir, are correct! I've already tested it under everything except lynx. Don't go there...muahaha...
All these other recent forum changes are slicker than snail spit.
\\//_

ubuntu-geek
October 6th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Can someone test and let me know if preview post is still broke. It should be fixed :)

skoal
October 6th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I just noticed. It's fixed! Booyah! and mad props!

\\//_

SilentCacophony
October 6th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Yep.

Looks good here, too.

Thank you! :D