PDA

View Full Version : Banned !

Catfish_lolipop
March 11th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Well thanks to my friend, I am now banned from one of my favorite websites. I can still go to the site but it won't allow me to sign on to my account there. Is there any way that I can get back into my account? Maybe change my IP? Any help would be appreciated.

mikewhatever
March 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Is there a concealed question related to Ubuntu?

It will probable be moved to Ubuntu cafe, where it belonged in the first place.

To address your 'simple' question, it depends on what got banned, your username or you IP. If the former, changing IPs should not matter much. You could probably get another username and keep it private.

handydan918
March 11th, 2008, 05:16 AM
You could try it, but no competent site admin is going to be gamed that easily. You might try PM'ing the admin and plead stupidity.

Catfish_lolipop
March 11th, 2008, 05:17 AM
I was just asking a simple question...I thought someone here would be able to help me.

por100pre1
March 11th, 2008, 05:26 AM
What did your friend do? Which website are you referring to?

Catfish_lolipop
March 11th, 2008, 05:32 AM
its called grasscity. Well my friend got banned from it for making a joke about Jews. Then from my computer, I made him an account so he could log back on. Then they ended up banning us both.

jken146
March 11th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Sounds fair to me. You'll have to take up the issue with the admis for that site though, as it's only really between you and them.

sports fan Matt
March 11th, 2008, 05:34 AM
It sounds like that website tracks ip addresses and it found yours and well, there you go..

LittleLORDevil
March 11th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Reset your modem( usually generates a new IP), change the router settings if you are behind one, or use a proxy.

Catfish_lolipop
March 11th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I know I shouldn't have done it. I was just stupid and did it with out thinking of the consequences. But I guess I get what I earned.

por100pre1
March 11th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Maybe cookies were used to track you. BTW, you deserve to be banned for having an intolerant friend!

RebounD11
March 11th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Maybe cookies were used to track you. BTW, you deserve to be banned for having an intolerant friend!

That's like saying you desrve to be banned because you have a blonde mother... doesn't seem fair to me.

Feivel
March 11th, 2008, 06:01 AM
That's like saying you desrve to be banned because you have a blonde mother... doesn't seem fair to me.

What if your mother is blonde and intolerant?

por100pre1
March 11th, 2008, 06:02 AM

You don't get to select your mom, but you actually select your friends.

:popcorn:

Hmarroqu
March 11th, 2008, 06:18 AM
i got banned fromt the stupid joindiscussion forum that i was refered to from here....they never told me why...i think its cause i verbally pwnd an admin in the FLAMES section and he just got so mad that he banned me...i checked all my other posts and nothing else would get me banned....even when i email....no response...i guess i was just to good for them.

futureproof
March 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
i got banned fromt the stupid joindiscussion forum that i was refered to from here....they never told me why...i think its cause i verbally pwnd an admin in the FLAMES section and he just got so mad that he banned me...i checked all my other posts and nothing else would get me banned....even when i email....no response...i guess i was just to good for them.

/me WishUz me w0z l33T lik3 u

forrestcupp
March 11th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Even if you changed your IP address, you wouldn't be able to log back into the same account. At best, you could open a new account.

But you do know that your easily changed IP address that is something like 192.168.1.1 is a local network address, don't you? Changing that won't matter because that isn't your actual external IP address.

K.Mandla
March 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Temporarily closed for staff review.

bapoumba
March 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
As pointed out earlier in this thread, you have to see with the site admins.
Unwritten rule: we do not welcome administration/moderation discussions regarding other forums or how to cirvumvent a ban.