PDA

View Full Version : right or left brain?

lyceum
March 11th, 2008, 03:54 AM
So I stumbled on this site that tells you which side of your brain you use. I thought it would be cool to see what the majority of Linux users used.

http://www.where-what-how-why.com/?p=111

It said I am both, how did you do?

:)

jose158
March 11th, 2008, 03:57 AM
It says I use both side.

LaRoza
March 11th, 2008, 03:58 AM
At first, I could only see it one way (clockwise) then I looked away (to check the time) and looked back and she was going the other way. Now I can see it both...

ntowakbh
March 11th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I saw her both ways. Just now while looking at it, by jerking my head a certain way, or flicking my eyes in the right direction, she changes which way she spins.

LaRoza
March 11th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I saw her both ways. Just now while looking at it, by jerking my head a certain way, or flicking my eyes in the right direction, she changes which way she spins.

I am getting good at seeing it both ways on demand, or not at all (where she doesn't spin, just a sequence of pictures)

ntowakbh
March 11th, 2008, 04:05 AM
I am getting good at seeing it both ways on demand, or not at all (where she doesn't spin, just a sequence of pictures)

Can you try to describe how you look at it(if you look at it in a certain way) to see just the sequence of pictures?

lyceum
March 11th, 2008, 04:05 AM

Yeah, it really isn't hard. I am not sure the test is really that realistic. Or, maybe we are just a bunch of geniuses :D

LaRoza
March 11th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Yeah, it really isn't hard. I am not sure the test is really that realistic. Or, maybe we are just a bunch of geniuses :D

No, I saw it before and I saw it one way (for that time) and others saw it one way (clockwise)

It was just now that I can see it both.

The thing we have to test is if anyone can get it both ways of they stare long enough, or try to see it both ways.

gletob
March 11th, 2008, 04:08 AM
when looking at her feet I use my right when looking at her breasts I use left
:lolflag::lolflag:

justsomedude
March 11th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Right side.

So this is why I suck at math? :confused:

DUDE_2000
March 11th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I would have said that it's what you are doing/ thinking at the moment. At first i saw her spinning anticlockwise, then I began to read the passage, and she spins the other way!

zmjjmz
March 11th, 2008, 04:19 AM
I can see both...
If you look at the bottom of her legs, you see one going back and forth across the other, not spinning, temporarily. Then it switches.

WastingBody
March 11th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I remember doing this in psychology. The test is fairly accurate as long as you know which way it was spinning first. You can learn to make it switch directions.

I think a good majority of my class said that this test went along with the results from other tests that we took to decide which side of our brain was dominant.

jrusso2
March 11th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I see it spinning both directions.

aaaantoine
March 11th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I could only see counter-clockwise at first, but after a few minutes and some different tricks, I could see clockwise. Then after a couple more minutes, I figured out how to switch back and forth.

jken146
March 11th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I started out seeing her spinning clockwise, but eventually I could see it both ways. I does get easier with practice (for a while I was annoyed at being stuck in anti-clockwise viewing!).

fuscia
March 11th, 2008, 04:40 AM
you can make her switch by moving your hand in the direction you want her to go (not unlike my high school girlfriend, in that way).

technologyslice
March 11th, 2008, 04:46 AM
I use both sides of my brain.

Presto123
March 11th, 2008, 04:48 AM
you can make her switch by moving your hand in the direction you want her to go (not unlike my high school girlfriend, in that way).

HAHAHA...Nice.

Yeah...if you're like me, looking at only the top makes her go one way. Look down at the feet and watch the shadows and you can see the other direction.

angry_johnnie
March 11th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I could only see her moving clockwise until I stopped looking at her feet. Then she started moving counterclockwise... it's creepy...:confused:

Toe
March 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
quite interesting...

She always starts moving clockwise, but as soon as I start calculating something in my head, her direction changes to counter-clockwise.

BlowflyBob
March 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Clockwise for me.

Can get her too switch directions by watching her feet & shadow for a bit though.

Jeff Rage
March 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I can get her to spin either way, at will.