PDA

View Full Version : Where do you spend most of your time?

The Titan
March 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Where do you spend most of your time on ubuntuforums?

NightwishFan
March 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Beginner forum, and The Community Cafe. I like a good discussion and I am somewhat qualified to help beginners.

Belliinator
March 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Absolute begginer
Gaming and Leisure
Development and Programming (Stickies)
Community Cafe
Backyard

hhhhhx
March 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
mostly cafe, but i try to help out in the beginner section too

The Titan
March 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM

same....

xc3RnbFO8P
March 9th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I love to help windows guys when they have notthing to do in the weekend:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=718801

I Don't Discriminate Forums

bobbocanfly
March 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Community Cafe
Programming Talk
Ubuntu Development
#ubuntu-motu
#ubuntu-uk

kelean
March 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I start with the new posts and see where that takes me. Then I go to beginners forum then Development and Programming -> Hardy heron to check out whats new there.

uberlube
March 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I spend most of my time in the beginners section helping out those who are like I was when I first started. I feel that this is the best way for me to contribute back to open source, since I am not a programmer.

Jim!
March 9th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Well Since I've only visited this site about 5 or 6 times so far and only for very short periods I haven't really got much of a feel for it, guess I spend most of my time in the Community Cafe and Absolute Beginner Forums.

aysiu
March 9th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I used to spend most of my time in the Absolute Beginner section helping new users. Now I spend most of my time in the Community Cafe, as the Absolute Beginner questions these days are getting harder and harder for me to answer.

beercz
March 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
And me

PmDematagoda
March 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I usually spend time in the Installation & Upgrades section and the ABT section, though I go around the other sections as well.

FuturePilot
March 9th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Absolute Beginners Talk
General Help
Desktop Effects
A little bit in the Hardy forum as well.
Community Cafe
Community Cafe Games

Freddy
March 9th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I used to spend most of my time in the Absolute Beginner section helping new users. Now I spend most of my time in the Community Cafe, as the Absolute Beginner questions these days are getting harder and harder for me to answer.
I second that.

When I started to use Kubuntu I used to spend most of my time in 'beginners forum' and then I went back to Fedora for a year or so, now when I'm back on Ubuntu for good, the questions is just to hard for me to answer, most folks have learned to use 'search' and have left me without a job =).

The Titan
March 9th, 2008, 05:54 PM

I know, there should be an "Advanced Absolute Beginner Section" haha

runningwithscissors
March 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I don't spend any time at the ubuntu forums, most of my time is wasted here. (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewforum-f-10.html)

CaptainCabinet
March 9th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I can mostly be found hanging around in the community cafe. :)