PDA

View Full Version : Ubinto Studio 8.04 screenshots.

MetalMusicAddict
March 9th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Just quick shots of the art. Pretty much final. This is just a heads up for people who care about Ubuntu Studio. If you don't like it, please move on. ;)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9008/artresizedeb9.png (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/OfficialHardy)
CLICK PIC

exploder
March 9th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks! I wondered what Ubuntu Studio was going to look like. It is looking nice!

ShodanjoDM
March 9th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Looking great :guitar:

kostkon
March 9th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Really nice!! :popcorn:

stephantom
March 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Kudos for the GDM screen! I don't really care for gray skins, but I understand they do something for artists, so I guess that's fine too.
I am however not so sure that this wallpaper will work with some icons on them...

Drunky
March 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Sweet!

anuban
March 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Excellent...
Looks really great but I think I was not impressed with the Wallpaper.
But that is my personal choice...

lyceum
March 11th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I would love to see the wallpaper as a log in screen. It looks sweet.

:popcorn:

One thing, I thought US 8.04 was going for a punk/grunge look? I like it, don't get me wrong, but it has more of a 70's feel to me.

either way... :guitar:

shafin
March 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
The GDM screen looks Fantastic, keep the good work up

MetalMusicAddict
March 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I would love to see the wallpaper as a log in screen. It looks sweet.

:popcorn:

One thing, I thought US 8.04 was going for a punk/grunge look? I like it, don't get me wrong, but it has more of a 70's feel to me.

either way... :guitar:

The D.I.Y. thing has been indefinitely deferred as nobody has really stepped up to help. Since its a concept it really needs a lot of work to be done right and I'm not gonna half-*** it.

After I step down as lead on the project I'll be able to give it my full attention even if nobody else helps.

fiorefrank
March 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Great!!!

lyceum
March 12th, 2008, 04:32 PM
The D.I.Y. thing has been indefinitely deferred as nobody has really stepped up to help. Since its a concept it really needs a lot of work to be done right and I'm not gonna half-*** it.

After I step down as lead on the project I'll be able to give it my full attention even if nobody else helps.

Either way, I really like this one. Your posts leads me to want to ask more questions, but I'll let it go :)

jvh100
March 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I really like the old splash better, but everything else looks great :KS

red_Marvin
March 13th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Really awesome, I'm not an us user myself but I find them really really nice! :KS

MetalMusicAddict
March 13th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Either way, I really like this one. Your posts leads me to want to ask more questions, but I'll let it go :)

Feel free to PM me.

zettberlin
March 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
The splash has no space for boot-messages so there is only booting the 90ies-way with no images at all or booting the MSWindows-Way with no informations at all?

MetalMusicAddict
March 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
The splash has no space for boot-messages so there is only booting the 90ies-way with no images at all or booting the MSWindows-Way with no informations at all?

Have you actually tried it? It does. ;) Under the logo text.

zettberlin
March 15th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Under the logo text.

cool - nice to hear that :-)

lyceum
March 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I am not sure that you could use it (as it is a Compiz/Beryl theme), but if you can you may want to check out SlicknesS:

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/SlicknesS+Emerald?content=73972

I know Ubuntu Studio uses a dark window manager, and this is the first one I have found that I really like. It goes great with FireFox theme BlackJapanMAX. Just thought I would throw that out there in case you were looking for a new theme.

:guitar: