PDA

View Full Version : Name of this program?

zac851
October 4th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I was actaully browsing some desktop picture threads and ran accross this pic. Does anyone know the name of this program or something similiar that stays on the desktop but doesnt interfere with anything similiar to like a windows stat bar?

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/8692/cpu.jpg

Freddy
October 4th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Hmm does that kind of question belong here in community chat?

Anyways to answer your question it's some kind of desktop widget based on the aero-g style for the KDE app Superkaramba, there are thousend's of them and you can find them on kde-look.org. /// Freddan

skoal
October 4th, 2005, 10:30 PM
My best guess would be a gkrellm group or a suite of gdesklets. Probably the latter.

\\//_

zac851
October 4th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Hmm does that kind of question belong here in community chat?
Anyways to answer your question it's some kind of desktop widget based on the aero-g style for the KDE app Superkaramba, there are thousend's of them and you can find them on kde-look.org. /// Freddan

Well It wasnt much of a tech question, so I figured it would fit best here.

Goober
October 5th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Actually, I was wondering about this as well. It looks like a cool app, I just don't know where to get it. I've seen it on quite a number of screenies around here.

This probably should be in the Beginners Forum.

macewan
October 5th, 2005, 02:14 AM
looks to be a gdesklet or superK app

skoal
October 5th, 2005, 02:37 AM
As the OP poster said, he really didn't see a good "fit" to post this in any other forum, and I surely can't think of another off the top of my head as well. I could move it elsewhere but it probably fits best here so others can comment on it in general.

* My suggestion, zac (and anyone else interested in this applet), just private message the person who posted that screenshot containing it and ask them personally where they got it. That would be your most effective tool at your disposal here in these forums, IMO.

You can do that in any of the art galleries or by simply clicking on the forum members name here...

\\//_

irish rebel
October 5th, 2005, 03:30 AM
gkrellms, with a saught after gui....

Perfect Storm
October 5th, 2005, 03:48 AM
It's Diffently Super Karamba.