PDA

View Full Version : forum colors

fourchannel
October 4th, 2005, 08:06 PM
ok... I must admit I'm a fan of darker colors, like blue and black. Does this forum have different color profiles, or the ability to change the colors?

DJ_Max
October 4th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Currently no.

mstlyevil
October 4th, 2005, 09:00 PM
I like the new look to the forums. Why should this forum look like so many of the others out there today. Different is good, but everyone being the same is creepy.

Perfect Storm
October 4th, 2005, 09:08 PM
All hail color brown! ;-)

It doesn't annoy me :)

ubuntu-geek
October 4th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Look in the bottom left corner of the forums :) The new blue theme is coming to life..

Freddy
October 4th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Arrgghh I'm using Kubuntu but I think I'll stick with the ubuntu brown, the blue should be a little darker and less gradient. /// Freddan

Edit: or maybe just some time to get used to :)

ubuntu-geek
October 4th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Yes we know :) its still being worked on..

Freddy
October 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Okey. I never cared about the forums colors that much, but blue with the topbanner which is brown clash. I got used to the brown so I think I'll just stick with it. Allways good with some choice anyhow. /// Freddan

DJ_Max
October 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Ditto. Plus I'm tired of the same ol' colors. Brown and yellow is something different. But to each his own I guess.

fourchannel
October 5th, 2005, 08:57 AM
what i think would be cool, is if we had profiles... but also the ability to define whatever colors we want for parts of the forum.
kinda like when you set your webmin theme to the colors of your liking, you could have something like this...

banner gradient: from: #FF4B20 to: #FF002C
periphrial border: #272727
post background: #F3B9D5
Default Text: #000000
show different color text: yes/no (i.e. when people use different color fonts)

replace color text [drop down menu color] with [drop down menu color] ---> that would be a useful option, cause if I set my background to dark blue, and some uses dark blue for the post font, I wouldn't be able to see it. So it takes their dark blue and makes it bright green, or whatever.

you could pick ubuntu brown as a profile, and it would fill in those color values, and then you could change certain parts if you want. or even the whole thing.

that would be really cool. gives the people easy preset profiles and the ability to personalize.

think about it...

this could end all wars...maybe.

benplaut
October 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Look in the bottom left corner of the forums :) The new blue theme is coming to life..

very nice... little bug report:

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8629/screenshotubuntuforumsreplytot.png

as you can see, you're missing some icons :rolleyes:

papangul
October 5th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Of all forums I have visited ubuntu forum's colours are my favourite.
Btw, "Ubuntuforums Site discussion" may be a better place for this thread.

lucid
October 5th, 2005, 01:46 PM
My first thought was that the colour is no big deal, that although I'm not a brown fan it is definitely good to see something different from the usual. Then I gave the blue a whirl and was surprised by the relief I felt. I guess I'm a blue nut. ;) Thanks for the providing the choice. ;)

skoal
October 5th, 2005, 03:42 PM
[...]you could pick ubuntu brown as a profile, and it would fill in those color values, and then you could change certain parts if you want. or even the whole thing.
Very customizable. I like the concept and can see some benefit to it, like hilighting specific forums or people on your buddy list so that their posts stand out.

Unfortunately, however, I checked the vbulletin manual and I don't believe there are such micro finite customizations like that for style sheets. In fact, I don't even remember such customizations on any of the phpBB boards I still frequent.

Great idea, but all forums are limited in scope in some aspect or another...

\\//_

Muhammad
October 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/icons/icon6.gif