PDA

View Full Version : I need a good clock app

forrestcupp
March 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I finally got rid of my panels in favor of an AWN dock. I have a clock/calendar applet in my dock, but when a full screen window is open, I can't see the clock unless I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen to activate my dock.

So I'm wondering if there is some kind of clock applet available that I can have "always on top" and position it toward the upper left of the screen around the title bar area so it wouldn't interfere with anything else. Does anyone have any suggestions?

23meg
March 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Cairo-clock (http://macslow.thepimp.net/?page_id=23) (click to install (apt:cairo-clock))

forrestcupp
March 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Cairo-clock looks really cool, but I think an analog clock would be too large for it to be "always on top" and not interfere with a full screen window. Is there anything like that that could be a small digital clock?

fuscia
March 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
if you use firefox, you could use the statusbar clock extension.

forrestcupp
March 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
That's cool, but I need something that is always on the screen no matter what I'm running. If there's nothing like that, I guess I'll be ok.

banjobacon
March 8th, 2008, 02:14 AM
There must be a program out there that adds the time to the title bar. If so, that's what you need.

fedex1993
March 8th, 2008, 02:18 AM
i think conky you can make it over any other panel i dont remmber thoe

forrestcupp
March 8th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I installed Screenlets and found this (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Digital+Clock+Screenlet?content=63627&PHPSESSID=6b2bd26304210ffc06cfdc857f45367c) digital clock that I was able to resize to a small enough size and keep it on top. Now I'm happy.

Thanks folks.

intense.ego
March 8th, 2008, 03:56 AM
i think conky you can make it over any other panel i dont remmber thoe

I second the idea of conky. It provides a nice looking clock along with a lot more in a ligthweight package.

However, if you are happy with Screenlets, stick with it.