PDA

View Full Version : What is the new "Partner Repository" forum for? [was: "What is this?"]

Technogenius
March 7th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Does anyone know what this forum is for? It looks new, considering there's no posts in it.

mrsudo
March 7th, 2008, 03:49 AM
i second this
a forum section with 35 moderators and this is the only thread....?

Tux Aubrey
March 7th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Well spotted. I think its a trap.

Alucard-sama
March 8th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Yeah I'd also like to know.
It's called partner repository?
Maybe some partially supported Third-party repositories or something?
I really have no clue...

uberlube
March 8th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Alucard-sama Ive been wanting to say this for a while, your avatar is way to painful to look at dude :lolflag:

Alucard-sama
March 8th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Ahahaha, thank you
That means a lot to hear you say that *tear of joy* XD

p_quarles
March 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
From Ubuntu 7.10 and onward, the "partner" repository refers to the one which contains third-party commercial software such as Skype, Opera and Google Earth.

In any case, I'm moving this thread to Forums Feedback & Help because:
1) That's where questions about the forums belong
2) I'm curious myself.

Alucard-sama
March 8th, 2008, 11:46 AM
'Ey! I was sorta' right *victory dance*

Technogenius
March 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
So this is where users can ask questions about problems with third party software?

sargetech
March 13th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Ahahaha, thank you
That means a lot to hear you say that *tear of joy* XD

Wow What an avitar, when I first looked at it I had to squint an then
I jumped off my chair and screamed with laughter. It looks like a roll of toilet paper from Hell!!!!:lolflag:

iamfuzz
March 14th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Hey there,

This is Brian from Canonical and I am the technical lead for the Canonical Partner Repository. The forum staff here kindly created this forum at my request as a central location for comments, suggestions, complaints, and questions regarding packages that exist in the Canonical Partner Repository. (formerly known as the Commercial Archive/Repository).

I am posting an FAQ now, and if you have any questions about the nature of this forum or wish to suggest an addition to the FAQ, please post to that thread.

Thanks,

Brian

cjm5229
March 30th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Alucard-sama Ive been wanting to say this for a while, your avatar is way to painful to look at dude :lolflag:
Cured my hemorrhoids just looking at it:)!