PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu brainstorm is out: post your ideas and vote!

nand
February 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Here it is, guys!

Ubuntu Brainstorm Launched!! (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com)
(announcement here (http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1357))

Now you can start to submit your ideas for Ubuntu and vote for them! Like in Dell's Ideastorm!

Henrik
February 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
You can now post ideas to the new Ubuntu Brainstorm (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com)site. From each idea you can link back to forum threads, bugs or specifications.

See the Fridge article (http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1357) for details.

Enjoy!

Mr. Picklesworth
February 28th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Good, good. This still needs a bit of tweaking and fixing, but is an excellent start. I can see the same format being adopted for many other things...

tdrusk
February 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
awesome. I can't wait :twisted:

Vitamin-Carrot
February 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
aww man.... :(

the link is dead for me

nand
February 28th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Due to a stupid reason (IE being unable to handle HTTP 302 return code, specifically), IE users will get a 404 page not found.

Others users are not affected.
We are currently working to fix this quickly!

Mazza558
February 28th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Looks great. This should really help get the top-priority ideas to the top for the devs to see.

oomingmak
February 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Presumably the Brainstorm site is only for Ubuntu specific features.

Pretty much all of my gripes with Ubuntu (and Linux in general) are upstream issues, so would I be correct in assuming that there is no point in posting them to Brainstorm?

23meg
February 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Congratulations to everyone involved; the site looks and functions pretty good!

But it also further highlights a problem I've been pondering for a while. We now have at least four major venues meant for users to submit ideas to:

The Ubuntu Idea Pool forum
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IdeaPool
Community$RELEASEIdeas pages on the wiki
The Ubuntu Brainstorm website

And on top of these, we have the Launchpad blueprints module, which has been misused a lot as an idea proposal mechanism.

These places share the same purpose: let the non-technical user who isn't necessarily acquainted with the customary norms of FOSS development (filing good bug reports, writing specifications, communicating in a technical manner with developers, etc.) and doesn't have the technical skills to bring their ideas to life throw their ideas out there, discuss them with others, and once they mature, possibly turn them into specifications which can be acted upon by people with the necessary technical skills. Even though these venues have different merits of their own, their shared purpose renders them essentially redundant. Confronting people with four different media where they can submit their ideas is not professional and it will lead to confusion. Ideally, there should be a single, officially recognized one that's well designed and easy to use.

For the last couple of months, in which I've been aware of the development of the Ubuntu Brainstorm website, it's been on my mind to write a specification whose goal will be the the unification of all the merits of the venues above under one of them, getting that venue approved by the Community Council as the venue for brainstorming, and having http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate direct users to there. I will be present at UDS-Intrepid, so I can present it for discussion in person, and I'm sure that the feedback in UDS will be very valuable in advancing it.

My conclusion from my own evaluation of the various merits and shortcomings of the above venues and their suitability for their target audience is that the Ubuntu Brainstorm website is the most suitable one that should supersede the others, but I have some concerns about it and the idea --> spec --> actualization process in Ubuntu in general that I think should be addressed before this happens. I'm not going to go into details here; these can be covered in the specification and the discussion on it.

I'm looking to draft the specification in the following few weeks, and would of course like to work together on it. What do you think?

Het Irv
February 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Is anyone else experiencing major slowdowns, such as server request timed out? It was working for a while and then it stopped.

Edit: This might have to do with the IE Problems

nand
February 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM
IE fix done, as well as a lot of other various fixes will be uploaded tomorrow.

As for the server speed, at the moment we are getting around 50 new users every 20 minutes, so it can be sometimes a bit slow :)

nand
February 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Ooook now the server seems to be down! Too much people ;)

UbuWu
February 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
It would be nice if every idea in the brainstorm would correspond to a forum thread with shared comments but that might be hard to implement.

Het Irv
February 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Ooook now the server seems to be down! Too much people ;)
Is that a good thing?

nand
February 28th, 2008, 10:35 PM
For the moment yes, because it prevents lots of people to see the website as we get front page in digg and wired, and probably slashdot soon!

But after the initial rush, it will probably come back alive soon.

icechen1
February 28th, 2008, 10:57 PM
The site is really slow.

nand
February 28th, 2008, 10:59 PM
BAM!

Now we are being slashdotted!

Don't expect too much speed before tomorrow :)

bishounen
February 28th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Ayup. it hit Wired, Digg, and Slashdot all within minutes of it being posted here.

and well....

Zee webserver, she eez dead, Kiptin!

well, at least you know it was a popular idea!

My condolances to the web server support team, hopefully this won't ruin your entire week.

tribaal
February 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM
My thoughts are with the poor webserver team who suffered a digg + slashdot + wired + ubuntuforums + many blogs tsunami :)

As most of us said, at least they know the idea was good :)

I'm very excited about it!

- Trib'

rouge568
February 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I absolutely love this.
However, I found a bug with the site: if you want to edit an idea, you cannot edit the title (the box is un-clickable). However, if you press "submit", it prompts you to enter a title, where the box has been blanked and is still unclickable. This effectively prevents you from editing your submission. (In my case, I have a typo) Does anyone know how I can report this to the site webmaster?

AnRa
February 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I absolutely love this.
However, I found a bug with the site: if you want to edit an idea, you cannot edit the title (the box is un-clickable). However, if you press "submit", it prompts you to enter a title, where the box has been blanked and is still unclickable. This effectively prevents you from editing your submission. (In my case, I have a typo) Does anyone know how I can report this to the site webmaster?I've already reported the bug here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-qa-website/+bug/196656) and it will be fixed by tomorrow. :)

aidanr
February 29th, 2008, 12:42 AM
How about letting us log in with our ubuntu forums account/password, didn't lauchpad do that? Kind of lame having to register again. And also I registered a few minutes ago and am still waiting for the email.

picpak
February 29th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Wow, I love this site. I've been on here for 10 minutes and I already have 3 ideas. I suggest anyone with any ideas to submit some and vote.

Bou
February 29th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Could there be a way to mark an idea as "favourite"? To star an idea so I can find it more easily later on and see what people have commented?

rouge568
February 29th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Could there be a way to mark an idea as "favourite"? To star an idea so I can find it more easily later on and see what people have commented?

Post it as an idea! :D

Dr Small
February 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Why is it, that SLASHDOT was the first place that I found out about this?? :D

Bou
February 29th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Post it as an idea! :D

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/439/

Thanks, done ;)

sryth
February 29th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Presumably the Brainstorm site is only for Ubuntu specific features.

Pretty much all of my gripes with Ubuntu (and Linux in general) are upstream issues, so would I be correct in assuming that there is no point in posting them to Brainstorm?

I wouldn't think so. However if a problem is rather vague, I'd make sure that my post to brainstorm was actually an implementable idea that would fix the problem rather than a complaint.

some_random_noob
February 29th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Let's start by demoting this guys ideas: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/contributor/JoseGosdin/

He's spamming the site with trash. After exterminating him, then we'll promote the good ideas and make them stand out.

picpak
February 29th, 2008, 03:40 AM
That guy has two well-written posts, while the rest are trash. Huh?

icechen1
February 29th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Ban this guy:JoseGosdin
He is a real spammer

sryth
February 29th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Brain storm is a great idea. Unfortunately the site is being targeted by one or two people as a great place to create spam and troll. Would be nice if an admin would hang out there for a bit and get rid of them.

MethodOne
February 29th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Oops icechen1, you beat me to a post about banning JoseGosdin. Select quotes from him paraphrased by me include "I want a Ubuntu soundtrack," "Ubuntu should be spelled Uvuntu" , "Ban User, he wants censorship" and "Ubuntu Brainstorm is broken."

meanburrito920
February 29th, 2008, 05:07 AM
They have been clearing the new posts list to help the problem temporarily, but I was wondering if they will put it back up after they remove the offending posts, or simply clear the list and start over.

foerdi
February 29th, 2008, 05:30 AM
a small GUI for posting ideas to brainstorm would be nice built-in ubuntu

SubmitIdeaDialog:
"Help us to improve Ubuntu. Submit your idea:"

TextField

Submit - Cancel

CurrentBrainstormIdeasDialog:
"Current Ideas:"

ListField:
[VoteArrowUp+VoteArrowDown] Idea1
(Comments)
[Add Comment]
[VoteArrowUp+VoteArrowDown] Idea2
(Comments)
[Add Comment]
[VoteArrowUp+VoteArrowDown]IdeaN

so you could get a lot more ideas (and votes + comments) from the ubuntu users and it could also handle localization (per launchpad translation) for brainstorms hardcoded texts.

what do you think?

Wasn't there a blueprint about launchpad-integration in ubuntu? This could be part of it

sryth
February 29th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Whee!! If you put "all" into the search feature on brain storm, it responds correctly and you can scroll through everything. :)

Mr. Picklesworth
February 29th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Folks, folks...

If you are going to downvote a long-winded and reasonably presented idea into the negatives, leave a comment to explain. That is a fairly majour problem with this site at the moment; many people are pointing and poking, but not helping ideas in any productive fashion. I think voting should be placed closer to the comments system to promote better collabotration.

PartisanEntity
February 29th, 2008, 09:40 AM
The first thing I noticed is a glaring grammar mistake, secondly it would appear that they are using Drupal, which is cool, and last but not least, the 'brainstorm' platform is a great idea :)

nand
February 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM
The grammar mistake is being corrected, sorry I'm not native english :)

Spammers are the next target of fixes, we will limit description line number, limit time between submission, and probably add some captcha.

Right now, here are the features/fix requested on both this forum and Brainstorm :

We will probably have to handle the number of ideas. Automatically removing the ones that nobody cares about, maybe.

The frontpage should also show ideas classified by votes correlated by their date, so that new ideas can have a chance.

Then I note new menu entries:
- Favorite ideas
- Random ideas
- Implemented ideas

Any other complaint/idea?

soo much work to do!

Bou
February 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
any other complaint/idea?

Here, a couple:

idea #1333: Hide ideas you've already voted (not very popular, it seems)

/home/cristina/Imágenes/2007/11/30/DSCN4406.JPG

idea #1335: Include an "I don't really care" option for ideas

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/1335/

Also, I've tried to use my ubuntuforums sig to promote a given idea but the image does not appear. Is that because of the forums? Does it allow images at all in signatures?

bruce89
February 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'd rather like being able to use my LP login there.

cyberdork33
February 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
This is a new site where you can vote for your biggest concerns in Ubuntu to make it better. Right now the highest issue is suspend, and next is networking control. This is an excellent way for the Intel Mac community to make their concerns know for future work in Ubuntu.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

oomingmak
February 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't think so. However if a problem is rather vague, I'd make sure that my post to brainstorm was actually an implementable idea that would fix the problem rather than a complaint.
Thanks.

I have since seen that Brainstorm is pretty much a free-for-all with ideas relating to all aspects from X, to UserLand stuff, to the kernel, to Ubiquity.

If I did decide to go ahead and post, then one thing that it would most definitely not be is vague and impossible to implement (that's not my style). There are more than enough of those vague nonsense kinds of posts both on here (Ideas Pool) and on Brainstorm.

Parody example:

"[Idea] Make Ubuntu more sleek - I think Ubuntu really needs to be made more sleek. Sleekness is important in today's operating systems. It also needs to be more fabulous, because Ubuntu lacking in fabulousness at the moment. If Ubuntu maximised it's fabulousness then more people would use it. It also needs ALL bugs fixed so that it will be rock solid. Oh, and the default theme needs to be coloured purple (because that's my favourite colour)".

:roll:

oomingmak
February 29th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Any other complaint/idea?
It would be useful if there was a visual representation of how you voted (maybe a thumbs up / thumbs down icon or something along those lines).

At the moment when you vote, the arrows just turn grey, but there is no indication of how your vote was cast, so when you come back at a later date, you just have to remember how you think you voted on each particular topic.

sryth
February 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
One major problem I see is people not doing a search for their idea before posting it.

I've seen at least a dozen different people post ideas along the lines of, "Make it so we're able to restore from the trash." And each of these posts gets a few votes, but then it scrolls off the front page and someone else posts a new one saying the same thing.

This could have been fixed if the poster typed "trash" into the search bar to see if anyone had already posted it....Then they could have simply voted for it instead of obscuring the voting on the issue by creating a new post of the same thing.

Search before posting...isn't hard, saves everyone time and trouble.

aysiu
February 29th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Folks, folks...

If you are going to downvote a long-winded and reasonably presented idea into the negatives, leave a comment to explain. That is a fairly majour problem with this site at the moment; many people are pointing and poking, but not helping ideas in any productive fashion. I think voting should be placed closer to the comments system to promote better collabotration. I agree. I made a fairly detailed proposal regarding add-on CDs, and it got voted down a lot and very quickly, but no one left a comment explaining what was so bad about the idea. The only comments that were left actually seemed to support it.

Edit: By the way, I know people are excited and want to post threads all over the place announcing this, but we really don't need more than one announcement thread about Brainstorm. So I've merged them.

Bou
February 29th, 2008, 05:14 PM
When two different ideas are merged votes should be added up, not merged. But votes from the same user should NOT be added up.

That is, if idea A has 3 votes and idea B has 4, when they are merged the resulting idea should have 7 votes. But if I voted both only one vote should be counted, so the resulting idea should have 6 votes. Not 7.

nand
February 29th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Don't worry, I took that into account :)

Mr. Picklesworth
February 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM
A problem I noticed:
If I try to edit an idea then submit my changes, it gives me a screen telling me I did not input a title. In the first page, where the form to change my entry is first presented, the title field is disabled. I suspect that this causes its contents to not be submitted to the next page (which also explains why the field is then blank in the page complaining about me not inputting a title).

Edit:
Yay, it was fixed earlier!

Het Irv
February 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I READ THEM ALL.. crap now there are new ones... btw Aysiu's idea is great, why are people voting it down?

aysiu
February 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I READ THEM ALL.. crap now there are new ones... btw Aysiu's idea is great, why are people voting it down?
I know. That's what I'm saying. Actually, even though I do like my own idea (of course), I don't mind if people disagree with me on it. I just wish they explained why they voted it down.

picpak
February 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
The voting system makes no sense. Does this (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/293/) really deserve to be around the same league as JoseGosdin's old posts? Is this idea (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/133/) really that asinine? I don't get it.

Het Irv
February 29th, 2008, 06:52 PM
It's a popularity thing, but at the same time I am sure that it is being abused. This site seems to be in a state of "Open Beta" there are still a ton of bugs and tweaks that need to be done. It's only been a day lets give it some time.

aysiu
February 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM
The major problems with the current voting system (of course there are minor ones, too): The default display is by popularity, so people are more likely to vote on ideas that have already been voted on many times before. People are allowed to see how many votes an idea has gotten before voting. You'd like to think that wouldn't sway people's votes, but it can and does. You don't have to comment on an idea to vote it down. There's no Ignore idea button, so people who are a little trigger happy have the option only to vote up or down, and they will tend to vote down ideas they don't understand or that don't pertain to them.

sryth
February 29th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I think a lot of people are voting down "feature" or "eye-candy" or "non-essential" ideas because they don't want them anywhere near what they consider "functional" ideas, they want functional at the top of the list, and anything else way below it.

This is at least the general attitude I'm getting from the people I've asked, and I have a bit of that bias myself, although I don't vote those ideas down unless I find them limiting or wrong in some way, I do tend to just pass them by without a vote at all.

FrankQuist
February 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I've posted some ideas, one of which (prevent data loss by disabling suspend/hibernate on known-to-be-broken setups) I considered to be fairly original. It got to 10 or so votes very quickly before it suddenly disappeared from the face of earth without a trace - or any kind of explaination.

I take that it was nuked for being a duplicate (of the current most popular suggestion), which it totally wasn't (totally different approach/suggestion). I submitted it again (probably not the best thing to do but I was annoyed) with an explanation of how it wasn't a duplicate, only to see it get deleted again. Some transparency would be great with votes (it's annoying to see something that seems like a good idea have lots of downvotes without any kind of comment) but for deletions, too. There's no way to contest a deletion.

It's annoying because I sure as heck will continue using Brainstorm, but other users would probably get disillusioned and leave. I think at least for ideas where it's evident people have put work in them, a minor "reason for deletion" thing that would for example be e-mailed to the user, would be a good thing. It probably wouldn't be humanly possible to do this with all deletions, but all deletions are not equal.

(I'm ranting, but I do realize that there are bound to be kinks in the system in the first few days. It's actually pretty greatly done. Everything is very clear and usable)

EDIT: hmm, apparently entries *do* get an explanation if they are duplicates. This is not visible to any users though because the idea disappears from My Ideas or any other page unless you do a search with "show duplicates"

picpak
February 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I think a lot of people are voting down "feature" or "eye-candy" or "non-essential" ideas because they don't want them anywhere near what they consider "functional" ideas, they want functional at the top of the list, and anything else way below it.

Functionality is important at the start, but eyecandy is what you play with for years to come. They're both important IMO.

FrankQuist
March 1st, 2008, 12:22 AM
Aw, come on! This duplicate business is getting silly. http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/1902/ is obviously not a duplicate of http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/789/. http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/94/ is not a duplicate of http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/1641/. Can we distuinguish exact duplicates ("Add restore to trash!!") and just similar but distinctly different ideas?

days_of_ruin
March 1st, 2008, 01:22 AM
I posted an idea.Its on the latest idea page right now.

Het Irv
March 1st, 2008, 01:31 AM
Good Job? I am surprised that the low popularity posts don't have nearly as much against as the popular ones have for.

handy
March 1st, 2008, 03:27 AM
Congratulations to everyone involved; the site looks and functions pretty good!

But it also further highlights a problem I've been pondering for a while. We now have at least four major venues meant for users to submit ideas to:

The Ubuntu Idea Pool forum
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IdeaPool
Community$RELEASEIdeas pages on the wiki
The Ubuntu Brainstorm website

And on top of these, we have the Launchpad blueprints module, which has been misused a lot as an idea proposal mechanism.

These places share the same purpose: let the non-technical user who isn't necessarily acquainted with the customary norms of FOSS development (filing good bug reports, writing specifications, communicating in a technical manner with developers, etc.) and doesn't have the technical skills to bring their ideas to life throw their ideas out there, discuss them with others, and once they mature, possibly turn them into specifications which can be acted upon by people with the necessary technical skills. Even though these venues have different merits of their own, their shared purpose renders them essentially redundant. Confronting people with four different media where they can submit their ideas is not professional and it will lead to confusion. Ideally, there should be a single, officially recognized one that's well designed and easy to use.

For the last couple of months, in which I've been aware of the development of the Ubuntu Brainstorm website, it's been on my mind to write a specification whose goal will be the the unification of all the merits of the venues above under one of them, getting that venue approved by the Community Council as the venue for brainstorming, and having http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate direct users to there. I will be present at UDS-Intrepid, so I can present it for discussion in person, and I'm sure that the feedback in UDS will be very valuable in advancing it.

My conclusion from my own evaluation of the various merits and shortcomings of the above venues and their suitability for their target audience is that the Ubuntu Brainstorm website is the most suitable one that should supersede the others, but I have some concerns about it and the idea --> spec --> actualization process in Ubuntu in general that I think should be addressed before this happens. I'm not going to go into details here; these can be covered in the specification and the discussion on it.

I'm looking to draft the specification in the following few weeks, and would of course like to work together on it. What do you think?

Thanks for applying your mind to this one 23meg.

handy
March 1st, 2008, 04:45 AM
I just had a look at the site, it's great, thanks to all for your hard work.

ShadowVlican
March 1st, 2008, 06:17 AM
excellent site!!

i'll make sure to give my two cents :twisted:

bash
March 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Ubuntu launched a new site called Brainstorm. It is similar to the Dell Ideastorm page. Here is the announcement from the Fridge:

Today a new feedback site is launched at brainstorm.ubuntu.com (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/) that will make it easier for users of Ubuntu to suggests ideas for improvements. Voting makes it clear which ideas have the most support in the user community and should be given priority. We have of course been inspired by the IdeaStorm (http://www.dellideastorm.com/) site from our good friends at Dell but modified the concept to fit our needs.
The development team can now take the pulse on the most pressing user issues and propose the ideas as topics at the Ubuntu Development Summits (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-Intrepid) and ultimately as specifications (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecSpec). Ubuntu development is in turn driven by detailed specifications written up in the wiki and tracked as blueprints (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/) in Launchpad.
An idea on brainstorm can easily be linked to a Launchpad blueprint as well as to a bug or a forum discussion thread. In this way we expect to bridge the locations where ideas are often submitted now, as forum posts or bug reports, with the blueprint format they should be expressed in to be implemented.
The site has been designed and coded by the Ubuntu QA community as part of a more general feedback website (qa.ubuntu.com (http://qa.ubuntu.com/)) designed initially to collect test reports from ISO testing. A huge thanks to stgraber (http://www.stgraber.org/), nand (http://www.ndeschildre.net/) and thorwil (http://thorwil.wordpress.com/)!
Have an idea for improving Ubuntu? Post it at Ubuntu Brainstorm (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/)!

More... (http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1357)

Source: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4421386&postcount=1

So what do you think about this? I personally think it is a great idea. I know there is Launchpad to propose new ideas but I always felt it was kind of complicated to create a proposal there and it seemed that noone really noticed them. Thats why I think that this easy and uncomplicated way for the users to contribute is good. The question I guess is how much will the devs pay attention to the suggestions.

aysiu
March 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM
I voted it's a good idea, as it is.

The implementation, however, is terrible. It doesn't check for duplicates when you create a title (the way the forums do). When duplicated ideas are found, sometimes well-formulated ideas are marked as duplicates of poorly formulated ideas, and the well-formulated idea is deleted. The default page lists the most popular ideas instead of the newest ideas or just a random set of ideas or only the ideas you haven't rated yet. You can see how many votes have been given before you vote. You can see only the difference of positive and negative votes, not how many of each there are (so an idea with 200 for and 198 against looks the same as an idea with 2 for and none against). People can vote down an idea without explaining why it's a bad idea. There's no way to flag inappropriate or spam posts--the only option you have is to vote it down. There's no way to vote "I don't care" or "No opinion." There's no way to see only the ideas you haven't yet rated. The search function on Brainstorm is worse than the Ubuntu Forums' search. There are a lot of duplicates all the time, but when I try to search for all the ideas that have the same words as the obvious duplicate, none of the ideas show up (even the one I was just looking at). There's no way to tag ideas as already completed, in the works, or upstream. There are no posting guidelines in terms of formatting, feasibility, grammar, details that will make your proposed idea more likely to be considered or taken seriously. In other words, as Ubuntu Brainstorm stands right now, it's pretty much useless.

Het Irv
March 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
That pretty much sums it up, this is one of those things that was a great idea until you let people use it. I have a feeling that whoever is in charge will fix the problems soon. This is a great idea and I hope it is fixed soon

nand
March 3rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
I agree, it's far from perfect!

But we are working hard on it! I spent the last week end on it, and here are a few updates, amongst them a new default front page.

While updating, we noticed a bug preventing users to go to pages 2 on some lists, and some irregularities on the "Ideas being worked upon" and "Implemented ideas" lists. We will update that tomorrow. Sorry!

Henrik
March 4th, 2008, 12:27 AM
We have just implemented some important changes and bug fixes. See http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1365 for details.

aysiu
March 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM
That's wonderful! Progress happens quickly.