PDA

View Full Version : New Ubuntu PC's

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hi i am James Bulmer. I am 15 and live in the uk and have persueded my dad to help me start a computer company. (Only A Small One Like A Long Term Project) Ok i use ubuntu and love it and my company is to build pc's. I would like the os to be ubuntu and my first pc to be launched is going to be £150 to buy. This comes with wifi dvd / cd ect. The name of my company is going to be Micro PC's and i was woundering would you be intrested in my product / do you think it will be competitive?

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
sry rong word replace competitive with sucsesful

steveneddy
March 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
You can use the edit button to edit your post.

Good Luck.

sailor2001
March 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
starting a new co. can be daunting....You have to offer something special for customers. The something special in your case would be setting-up a training course for ubuntu so prospects would feel excited about the product. I would load up a demonstration model and promote heavily the ease of obtaining almost limitless programs for free (synaptics)

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks what i want is to provide decent computers at an afordible price and as u said what i will do is start the website then install ubuntu so that they can mess arowned and get used to it through the website and allso have a dvd that will teach them how to use ubuntu

Wants Agen Thanks

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
More offers will help :)

tdrusk
March 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hi i am James Bulmer. I am 15 and live in the uk and have persueded my dad to help me start a computer company. (Only A Small One Like A Long Term Project) Ok i use ubuntu and love it and my company is to build pc's. I would like the os to be ubuntu and my first pc to be launched is going to be £150 to buy. This comes with wifi dvd / cd ect. The name of my company is going to be Micro PC's and i was woundering would you be intrested in my product / do you think it will be competitive?
buy laptops in bulk (look on craigslist) and you can get good deals. Using the same model is better than many different models.

Nevon
March 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
my first pc to be launched is going to be £150 to buy.

Specs on that? Oh, and will you be able to ship abroad?

Vitamin-Carrot
March 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
new bussinesses strugle for their first five years in this country, alot off good ideas die away due to things that are left lacking like management, advertising and the tax man.

good like with your endevours

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
First Things First

1. Will be able to ship abbroad

2. spects will be posted on website when its done and ill post a link when its complet

3. Laptops will be avalable if the company expands and grows

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Do you think this company will be sucsesfull

To make it simple im starting with one pc then if it takes off ill introduce a second modle and then upgrades ect

The key is advertising

x0as
March 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
How are you going to support your customers? people expect to be able to call you when something goes wrong.

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
good question

What i am thinking is setting up the pc's befor they are sent of so if somthink gose rong they can call me on like a saterday 1-2 or sumthing like that and they can click a button and it will allow me to control there pc. I can allready do this so i can repear it if it gose down. If i cant fix it ill pay to have it sent back move all there files down onto a nother pc send it back and fix then dismantle the old pc and sell the parts as second hand even though there practacly new. Depending on how long they have had the pc, and or if it was there falt or not. So if it is there falt they would haft to pay for the repear and if its the pc's fault ill do the steps iv stated in this text

Thanks every one keep the questions flowing your making me think about things i would not of thought about if it wernt for u

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Ok spects on the M100 (the first pc to be lauched)

MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 onboard VGA 6 Channel Audio mATX motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket AM2 1.8GHz 512KB L2 Cache OEM Processor

Maxtor STM380215A 80GB Hard Drive 7200rpm 2MB Cache - OEM
(Upgradible to 160GB)

Casecom 300W ATX PSU - 20+4pin

Extra Value 1GB DDR2 667MHz PC5300 240pin Extra Value Ram

Extra Value 48x CD-ROM Internal IDE (Black) - OEM
(trying to find a cd rw / dvd rw for same price as this)

Dynamode WLGI600XA 54mbps Wireless LAN PCI Adapter
(upgradible to 100mbps)

All in a nice black case

bulmer247
March 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
I will notafy you all when the website is up and running and also will notafy you when the first batch of pcs are ready

When the first batch is ready i will put vids and pics on me website