PDA

View Full Version : Edubuntu/Ubuntu clients & Windows server

brutruburudur
March 3rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Hello!

Situation: 50 workstation not using thin client. Edubuntu Installed
1 Server low specs lang core2duo lang sya at Microsoft installed

Prob: pwede ko ba maremote yung 50 clients using the server?

Thanks!

loell
March 3rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
hi, lipat lang natin sa bagong thread ha? para mas malinawan at mas medyo matulungan ka nang ating mga kasamhan dito :)

ps: ano po yung maremote?

brutruburudur
March 4th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks loell for moving my post for I could understand more...

Actually, we're shifting into edubuntu this next school year. 50 clients ang computer lab nila at core2duo 2.2G, 1Gig DDR2 667 lang ung existing server nila d2 sa school... Now, I would like to get some advise, recommendations and suggestions from you, especially on the situation of the server and what software to use in Edubutu just like remote administrator or remote desktop in windows.

The school also cannot afford to buy a server platform for thin client. So, we will be using the existing one.

Thanks again.

loell
March 4th, 2008, 03:45 AM
i believe core 2 duo will suffice, just increase the server ram, with regards to administration of the workstations, yes edubuntu server can manage this. what's the spec of the workstations?

brutruburudur
March 4th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Nice advise... Some of the WORKSTATIONS' motherboard are ECS P4M800PRO - M2, P4VMM2, P4M900, P4MDPT, and P4M890. With 256 mb to 512 mb of RAM. There are SDRam, DDR 333 and 400, and DDR2 533 and 667... Our Server is only Asus P5SMX... Could the workstation do network boot?

What software to use for the administration of the workstation, can I log out the client? in Windows, I have remote administrator and also I installed Handy Cafe to log out the clients.

This is really a big research to me since I'm new to linux especially Edubuntu. Because the school is pursuing to shift into Edubuntu next school year. I'm also glad because I could learn new OS Platform not only Windows. One thing more this is free and opensource.

How can I add your thanks?

:lolflag: