PDA

View Full Version : launch failed no binaries

StOoZ
March 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
I keep getting this message in eclipse (latest version)
this is when im trying to create a new C++ project (I've downloaded the C++ version of eclipse), and empty project.
I add a new cpp file, create a simple 'hello world' code, and press 'run' and I get this messege.
now , when I use the already made templates that are included, it works like a charm.
any idea how to solve this??

mike_g
March 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe its telling you that you need to compile the project before running it? I don't know, I have never used eclipse myself.

StOoZ
March 1st, 2008, 11:38 PM
Well im a newbie, but not that stupid, of course I compiled it.
:(

amingv
March 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
Well im a newbie, but not that stupid, of course I compiled it.
:(

And linked/built it?
Not saying you're stupid, but stuff happens sometimes...

<edit>

...when I use the already made templates that are included, it works like a charm.

Also, pressing the compile button doesn't ensure it's compiled; double check for syntax errors.
</edit>

StOoZ
March 1st, 2008, 11:51 PM
well your help is much appreciated !
but I decided to dump eclipse, and moved to netbeans.
eclipse and I started on the wrong foot.. :)

tommyhakinen
April 19th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Try adding the correct Binary Parser. Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build ->Settings ->Binary Parsers, check the "PE Windows Parser"

applejay
September 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
thanks tommyhakinen! adding that binary parser worked for me!

feewang
September 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I have done it as you said. But It still appear that message.And I work it on ubuntu.

kiddinge
December 31st, 2009, 11:28 PM
This worked for me:

sudo apt-get install g++

jakehockey10
March 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
This worked for me:

sudo apt-get install g++

What does this mean?

Zugzwang
March 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
What does this mean?

This command is to be typed in using a terminal window. It calls the "sudo" program, which is installed along with Ubuntu, to call the "apt-get" program which has the purpose of installing new packages (among others). The command written thus installs the default C++ compiler in GNU/Linux, namely "g++" from the GNU compiler collection.

Note that in Ubuntu, it does not suffice to install the "g++" package for compiling your first C++ program (thus, the statement by kiddinge is misleading). Rather you should install the "build-essential" package as only this makes sure that other files needed for building C++ programs are installed as well.

oshamajik
February 26th, 2011, 03:19 AM
If you do not have g++

sudo aptitude install build-essential

Then restart eclipse and try running your code (make sure you build the project first).