PDA

View Full Version : Supporting Open-Sources Portable Ogg Players

Ioky
March 1st, 2008, 02:16 AM
Hello people, I saw a lot of people are looking for a portable player that support Ogg. In fact, I am looking for one myself. and I found this link, which give a lot of info about a lot of portable player that support ogg.

http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers

Notes: Not all the player are available today. In fact it getting less and less , sad....

hope this help for the people who are looking for one like me.

ynnhoj
March 1st, 2008, 03:54 AM
i've been wanting to buy myself a cowon d2 player for a while. it looks really sharp..

macogw
March 1st, 2008, 04:10 AM
I have a Cowon iAudio 7. It's great.

bleedingpowers
March 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
i've been wanting to buy myself a cowon d2 player for a while. it looks really sharp..

I just got a COWON D2, but I'm having trouble getting it to become fully functional under linux (kubuntu Gutsy) I can't seem to be able to add playlists and album artwork or lyrics under MSC mode. However, I was able to do it only when the device is set to MTP mode, but the problem is that in this mode it won't take ogg files, disregarding the media player application being used. I tried Amarok, Rhythymbox, and Banshee, but they won't add ogg's if the device is set to MTP mode.

Please, give me a quick hint if you know how to get around this.

Thanks

plb
March 3rd, 2008, 12:20 AM
I got a d2..it's great...above poster perhaps try the iaudiophile forums.

bleedingpowers
March 3rd, 2008, 01:40 AM
PLB, quick question:

Are you able to sync your playlists to the device...Also, are you getting album art and lyrics? What application are you using to manage your D2?