PDA

View Full Version : New user here

egwest
March 1st, 2008, 01:36 AM
I just recently installed Ubuntu on a Dell Dimension 2350 desktop that I picked up at a thriftstore for $20.
I had to fix it up a little, but everything is working fantastic.

I just wanted to thank all for the helpful posts in the forums. I never actually had to personally ask a questions, as I easily found out what I needed by reading over other posted questions and answers.

And I do have to say, after just a few short days of using Ubuntu, I am a converted. I love it. It boots fast, runs smooth and no major problems, and the support I am seeing is fantastic.

The only problem I seem to be having is that my Palm LifeDrive does not get detected. I have tried J-Pilot, KPilot and Gnome-Pilot.

I am sure that there is something I am missing, so I will work on it later and do some more reading on it.

After I do some more research and learn more about Ubuntu, I will more then likely install it on my notebook computer and get rid of vista all together, which I seriously hate anyway.

Thanks for all the rich useful information here!

Eric
USA

barbedsaber
March 1st, 2008, 01:42 AM
welcome to ubuntu, (nice hey?) if you wantt help, you should probobly post in one of the help forums, thats not really what the community cafe is for.

oh and once again, welcome to the wonderfull world of ubuntu.

CaptainCabinet
March 1st, 2008, 01:43 AM
Hope you enjoy your stay here. :D