PDA

View Full Version : Who to contact about banning JoseGosdin and georgepatton from Brainstorm

meanburrito920
February 29th, 2008, 04:38 AM
They are incessantly spamming the boards. We need to get them off. Check http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/search?ordering=new
to see what i mean. please help, we need contact info to get them banned!

meanburrito920
February 29th, 2008, 04:40 AM
It looks like they may have banned them now, but it was really bad for a while.

meanburrito920
February 29th, 2008, 04:59 AM
never mind, it looks like they are just continuously clearing the list. bummer. hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Dr Small
February 29th, 2008, 05:00 AM
+1
I agree.... The place is filling with spam with the CAPS LOCK button stuck :D

carlinuxlearner
February 29th, 2008, 05:36 AM
They haven't stopped him yet, but they say they are working on it. I'm one of his Enemy's. Tryed to tell him to stop it, didn't work.

C@RL

earobinson
February 29th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Im sure it will get sorted out soon

RemmyLee
February 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
It seems to have stopped now. This guy is in Florida using Comcast. Like most people these days, things you do on the internet leave a trail.

vishzilla
February 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Ya its really irritating. Why do people do this? :mad:

rolnics
February 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Because they have nothing better to do in REAL life as well as their virtual one!!!

hhhhhx
February 29th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Because they have nothing better to do in REAL life as well as their virtual one!!!
+1, luckily most of them are in WoW:lolflag:

vishzilla
February 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM
+1 Good one

matthew
February 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Just so everyone knows, the Brainstorm site has its own administration, separate from the forums. We don't have any direct connection to the running of the new site, so there isn't anything we can do about problems there. At least, nothing we can do that is any different from what other forums community members are capable of doing; we can go look on the site for an admin to contact. :)

derekr44
February 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
+1, luckily most of them are in WoW:lolflag:

I represent that statement! :lolflag:

stgraber
March 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
We have recently deactivated some user accounts on the Brainstorm website.
We are currently working on a better anti-spam that should be available on Monday.

If you need to contact us, please file a bug on : http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-qa-website/+bugs

Both Ubuntu QA developers (nand and myself) are bugmail contacts and some of the admins also are.