PDA

View Full Version : Problem with executing programs from within a Perl script

agora
October 2nd, 2005, 10:28 AM
I have just installed Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog on computer that I use for doing some programming, mostly in Perl. After the system change the scripts started to return errors (they used to worked correctly under Slackware 9.1 - the previous system on this computer). The problem is with executing other programs or Perl scripts from within the mother script by writing something like this:
system (“Perl_Script.pl”); or `Perl_Script.pl`;
Perl_Script.pl is an executable file, with the standard header #!/usr/bin/perl -w.
Adding directory before the script name (system (“$current_dir/Perl_Script.pl”); ) solves the problem, but I am wondering if there is another way to do it, since I am not eager to look into hundreds of Perl scripts and modules I wrote so far;) . Do you have suggestions, please.

toojays
October 2nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
If these scripts are all in the same directory, you could add that directory to your PATH environment variable.

agora
October 3rd, 2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks, but unfortunately they are not in the same directory :???:

Oberjaeger
October 3rd, 2005, 08:13 AM
You could add ./ to your path, which while not a great idea, would fix the problem.
Or, write a perl script to drill through the directories that the scripts are in and edit the system calls.;)