PDA

View Full Version : Google Captcha

aktiwers
February 28th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I got this the other day:
http://google.com/sorry/

Anybody else got it?

I searched for "Du pont".

Could this be because of my TMN firefox extention?

I haven't seen it since, just curios if anybody else got it?

k2t0f12d
February 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Ive seen this before with other search terms.

PartisanEntity
February 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Are you surfing through an anonymity network like TOR? This could also be the reason.

solitaire
February 28th, 2008, 01:54 PM
i've seen it happen a few times myself.

it's nothing to do with TOR. Google scans search requests and if there is a large number of requests going to a specific site via google it automatically sticks in that warning page (incase of a Google Bomb) or what ever it's called to hype up a sites standings on the lists.

Tristam Green
February 28th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I've seen it too. I was searching for something Final Fantasy XI map-related, and since Gold/Gil-Farmers run massive searches on Google all the time, many searches get flagged.

macogw
February 29th, 2008, 06:57 AM
How is it, then, that it always takes *at least* 2 tries to get the CAPTCHA right on Blogger (owned by Google) when I'm an actual human? I swear, I type what it says, and it tells me I'm wrong. Today it had me try 5 times then it just took the darned textbox away! If humans that can actual read the text can't do it, how are computers doing it?

L815
February 29th, 2008, 07:02 AM
This happens to me when I'm online during the night. Since many people leave bots on at night (at least it makes sense to)