PDA

View Full Version : Another good Open Voices interview, this time with Mark Shuttleworth

Mr. Picklesworth
February 26th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Jim Zemlin's Open Voices podcast has another episode (http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/openvoices/2008/02/24/open-voices-podcast-with-mark-shuttleworth/), this time an interview with Mark Shuttleworth. I did not quite as significantly good as his interview with Linus, but a good interview nontheless. In fairness, this interview was also far shorter.

I dare say that Mark makes a fine alternative to Mr. Gates; he has a great vision, with the business sense and good character to back it. I'm glad to hear his thoughts on Ubuntu mobile. That talk has me really looking forward to the coming years, as it all takes form.

k2t0f12d
February 26th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Actually I think the interview with Shuttleworth was much more insightful. Chatting with Linus provided a great insight into the ideal free software development paradigm, but Shuttleworth has taken that paradigm and described it in its larger context on the world stage. His points were brilliantly concise, both in the fairly self-evident properties of free software and the world market, but also in some of the very subtle relationships that do not present to the casual user.