PDA

View Full Version : what is ubuntu , a proposed framework for who ?? are you ready for ubuntu ??

alred
October 1st, 2005, 10:44 AM
what is ubuntu , a proposed framework for who ?? are people and their living enviroment ready for ubuntu ??

ubuntu might be about the art of greetings , never under-estimates small things as dumb and mundane and simple as greetings , they are massive if you are able to jam that mindset into yours ...

hmm ... donno what to write , donno how to write ...

heres the source :: http://www.resurgence.org/resurgence/issues/nussbaum221.htm

QUOTE ::

Examples of Shona greetings (from Zimbabwe) in the morning and lunchtime would be:

"Mangwani. Marara sei?"
(Good morning. Did you sleep well?)
"Ndarara, kana mararawo."
(I slept well, if you slept well.)
"Maswera sei?"
(How has your day been?)
"Ndaswera, kana maswerawo."
(My day has been good if your day has been good.)

//EndQUOTE

have heard about the linux distribution using "Ubuntu" as their distro name , have tried it but dont get me wrong , i'm not a true ubuntu(the OS) user and/or linux user , recently i even try out x86 solaris , it great !! and by just mentioning the word "Solaris" , i believe solaris(the OS) has something to do with african pygmies , infact egyptian rulers once ordering soldiers go searching until the end of the nile , bring back the pygmies who were/are believed to be the only people on earth who knows how to dance and enjoy where possessive words , attitudes and mindset towards life in their excessiveness are non-existence or a taboo , maybe pygmies help to contribute or inject joy in the stiffening egyptian society , and sometimes the word "pygmy" means "human" in some foreign non-pygmies language , for example the egyptian language during that time ...

use proper judgment when we cant find "equals" , dont forget about the basics for a humane mindset , namely "Because we are largely successful at what we do"

.end my thoughts

still working on sound and opera in my solaris but no hurry , on and off , one thing at a time ...

sabar , sopan dan alus

brk3
October 1st, 2005, 08:44 PM
Eh, what? Stop wasting peoples time

Stormy Eyes
October 2nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Eh, what? Stop wasting peoples time

What's your beef? Nobody held a sword to your throat and forced you to read this thread, did they?

KiwiNZ
October 2nd, 2005, 04:30 AM
Play nice people

Muhammad
October 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
So this is some kind of Solaris Advertisement... Cheap! Cheap I say!

PatrickMay16
October 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Yo alred! I know you from linuxquestions.org. It's good to see you here.

poofyhairguy
October 2nd, 2005, 07:00 PM
The fact that I can't understand this post after reading it a few times yet again proves to me that "stream of consciousness" is my least favorite form of writing. The only time I have ever seen it done correctly was in the Catcher and the Rye.

alred
October 2nd, 2005, 10:54 PM
QUOTE :: "PatrickMay16
Yo alred! I know you from linuxquestions.org. It's good to see you here."

Yo !!! PatrickMay16 !!!
noticed that your ubuntu cd finally arrived
seems that you are enjoying linux this time for sure and thats great !

EDIT :: forget to mention ... its nice to see people using the same name ...