PDA

View Full Version : Frostwire splash screen wont load program.

PsyX
February 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Before i start i think i read somewhere that this was a linux based forum, if it is sorry for posting a thread about my mac, i just wanted some help and when i searched "frostwire wont load" into google this website came up first and thought it was the best choice.

Anywho i really do hope even if this isnt supposed to be here that you would still consider helping me, and if it is in the right place and right forum, thanks for the help if you do help me.

This is how it goes:

I download frost-wire normally like all mac users would usually do, any-who, after downloaded and the windows comes up to drag the icon into my applications, i do, then i drag the application into the dock so its easy to access. I then close all windows then click the frostier icon to load, and there i am, watching the splash screen load with its loading bar move like it does, until suddenly...

It starts to load! yay! another easy download/installation/run program procedure. Oh no, wait, do my eyes decieve me, when it gets to the loading playlist part it never stops loading from that point, keeps going for a few seconds, this is what i see.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/mastermageex/Picture2.png

After this has been loading for a few seconds, an error message pops up saying that a fatal error has occurred and it might have been caused by a corrupt installation process.

This is what i see.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/mastermageex/Picture1.png

Now, just to make sure i have done the right things before running for help.
I have downloaded frostwire from 3 reliable sites twice each, which means there is no chance that it could be a original corrupt file.
I have also reinstalled the Mac OS X update twice which has java runtime update in it so if it was a java problem it would have been fixed (me thinks).
I have also used other programs that require the correct up to date java software and they have all worked.

And now i am out of ideas, i have read that there is another way to launch the program but besides clicking the application from the dock or applications folder i have no idea how else to launch it.

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Move to the Mac OSX forum. (The Apple Intel forum is for people with that hardware and using Linux)

PsyX
February 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Move to the Mac OSX forum. (The Apple Intel forum is for people with that hardware and using Linux)

Thankyou for moving it to the right area i had not navigated this forum well before and had no idea where to start, thanks again :)