PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Ubuntu converts wife

saxuntu
February 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I finally started to personalize my Ubuntu setup on my laptop (appearence, splashscreen, etc) and showed my wife how to. Previously she was ambivalent towards Ubuntu v Windows, using Ubuntu as her primary OS because of security. Now that she her pretty blue Crux theme, ant light screen saver, and purple icons going she says Ubuntu is the way to go.

Women.

perlluver
February 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I converted my wife the same way, and I have friend that want's to try it too, because of the cube, and how fast it is.

Pandemic187
February 25th, 2008, 04:38 PM
That's cool...I would try to do the same, but I except I have no wife to convince :lolflag:

I haven't tried to get anyone to switch to Linux as of yet, but I wonder if I would be able to.

Ultra Magnus
February 25th, 2008, 06:07 PM
My g/f couldn't care less - I was going to install Ubuntu for her when XP broke for the millionth time - but after a few hours I managed to get it to work again so she didn't have a need to move - I've thought about refusing to fix windows but I'm too much of a push over.

Scarath
February 25th, 2008, 06:37 PM
My g/f couldn't care less - I was going to install Ubuntu for her when XP broke for the millionth time - but after a few hours I managed to get it to work again so she didn't have a need to move - I've thought about refusing to fix windows but I'm too much of a push over.

You giant girl! Tell her you have forgotten how to use windows or something :D

HermanAB
February 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I think that wont earn you any Brownie points. It should be: "Pretty wife converts Ubuntu".

regomodo
February 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
You giant girl! Tell her you have forgotten how to use windows or something :D

haha, just realised that's what i do these days. From installing cracked software to networking failures i've been asked to fix in my house. Needless to say, i said i don't know how

argraff
February 25th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I converted by husband and father to Ubuntu. Husband liked that it just worked, dad liked the shiny.

Men.

fatality_uk
February 25th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I converted by husband and father to Ubuntu. Husband liked that it just worked, dad liked the shiny.

Men.

I know, were fickle indeed. But without us men, who catch the spiders in the glass and take em out ;)

argraff
February 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I know, were fickle indeed. But without us men, who catch the spiders in the glass and take em out ;)

I generally don't use a glass anymore. Hands work. :D

Men are very useful. Life wouldn't be much fun without them.

k1dicarus
February 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Lol, I converted my wife, too!

el_ricardo
February 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
lol yeah my girlfriend loves all the compiz effects and always says she wants it on her computer, then i point out that it's a linux thing and she's like "OMG UR SUCH A GEEK"

women!

saxuntu
February 26th, 2008, 02:43 AM
lol yeah my girlfriend loves all the compiz effects and always says she wants it on her computer, then i point out that it's a linux thing and she's like "OMG UR SUCH A GEEK"

Ya, she likes it too but your still a geek.

converted by husband and father to Ubuntu. Husband liked that it just worked, dad liked the shiny.

Men.

LoL

think that wont earn you any Brownie points. It should be: "Pretty wife converts Ubuntu".

LoL, touchee salesman