PDA

View Full Version : Hello Paul From Milwaukee

pvalley1967
February 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hello one and all, I have just started using Ubuntu 7.10(good bye *******) and love it I've just completed my first project a cd label for ubuntu very basic thou also I am thinking about setting up a co-op for folks that need desktops or laptops one or the other are there any
other members in the Milwaukee area?

Paul

musiclvr66
March 18th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Hi Paul,

I live in the New Berlin area. I have one PC running ubuntu 7.10 (I let my 4 yo son play on that with no worry that he is going to mess up the machine). But it's running on really old hardware. I need to build a new PC and when I do, it will be running Ubuntu. Send me a PM with what you are interested in doing in the Milw area.

Dave.

pvalley1967
April 25th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Hi Paul,

I live in the New Berlin area. I have one PC running ubuntu 7.10 (I let my 4 yo son play on that with no worry that he is going to mess up the machine). But it's running on really old hardware. I need to build a new PC and when I do, it will be running Ubuntu. Send me a PM with what you are interested in doing in the Milw area.

Dave.

Hello Dave:

right now my interests are in helping ppl in the Milwaukee area that cant afford a laptop or desktop to get one with Ubuntu Installed also i might try and start a user group here it while there is a WI Loco it seems that its not very active learning html very slowly

herteljt
April 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Welcome Paul!

Ek0nomik
April 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hello Dave:

right now my interests are in helping ppl in the Milwaukee area that cant afford a laptop or desktop to get one with Ubuntu Installed also i might try and start a user group here it while there is a WI Loco it seems that its not very active learning html very slowly

If you need any HTML help feel free to post any questions you have here. :)

Cheers, and welcome.

pvalley1967
April 26th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Ekonomik:

well yes I do have A Question about Html/css and that is when using css can you rename the css? instead of main.css could it bee main2.css? as long as its reflected in the html?

musiclvr66
April 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hello Dave:

I would be interested in helping you with getting computers, with Ubuntu Installed into the hands of those who can not afford a computer. Let me know what you have done so far and what help you need.

As for your HTML and CSS question, you can pretty much name the CSS file what ever you want. For example, if you have a CSS file called myfile.css, in your html, you would code:

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="mystyle.css" />
</head>

Dave.

Ek0nomik
April 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM
As musiclvr66 stated, you can name the file anything of your wildest dreams.

pvalley1967
April 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Ok thanks