PDA

View Full Version : Music to work out to

ahaslam
February 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi, kinda weird question for a distro forum, but here I go...

I'm not too well atm & can't get out on my bike for hours on end. I've been rowing on an indoor machine as a substitute, though this requires subliminal verses & I'm getting bored of what I already own. I like most genres; Rock, Metal, Dance, Trance, D&B, etc. Please recommend any hard/fast/heavy albums that have a positive theme ;)

TIA

Penguin Power
February 24th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I find that the type of music is not particularly important; the point is that you don't become distracted by it. Although I'm not a particularly big listener of the genre, classical is usually good for reading and writing for long periods of time :)

Visti
February 24th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I find that both Arctic Monkeys albums have nice, fast-paced songs with not too many changes in tempo - good for running, for example.

Or you know, something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fJ9ROrW08) with virtually no tempo change.

Lots of metal too. My only criteria for workout music is that it has to be fast-paced.

ahaslam
February 24th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I find that the type of music is not particularly important; the point is that you don't become distracted by it. Although I'm not a particularly big listener of the genre, classical is usually good for reading and writing for long periods of time :)
Thanks for the reply. I understand your suggestion for writing, though I really need silence for reading, weird eh? Regards working out, I really need a fast/hard beat to motivate me, as long as the lyrics don't bring me back down that is ;)

Don S
February 24th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Since you like most genres, I'd go for some Bebop. Check out Charlie Parker, you surely won't be disappointed.

Cloudy
February 24th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Seconding Arctic Monkeys. All you need to do is get the song "Brianstorm" and put it on loop. Fantastic.

RebounD11
February 24th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I like listening Kyau vs Albert while I do sth that requires a rythm.

Kingsley
February 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
The Rocky IV movie soundtrack.

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Well this topic came up already, but for repetative exercises, try:

* Cradel of Filth (NOT the newest album)
* Megadeth : Any, except Risk. Get "Rust in Peace" for the best Thrash Metal
* Kreator : Only listened to one album, but they are pretty good. (Enemy of God was the one I listened to)

I am leaving out the Black Metal, as I don't think you would like that. (If you did, you would already listen to it)

ahaslam
February 25th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Not heard of Kreator before, I'll look into that. Positive theme though (the 1st 2 don't fit that)... ;)

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Not heard of Kreator before, I'll look into that. Positive theme though (the 1st 2 don't fit that)... ;)

Megadeth? Very good, check youtube for Holy Wars...The Punishment Due.

Kreator is Thrash/Death Metal, so you might want to avoid them too....

(Good thing I didn't give you the heavier bands...)

justin whitaker
February 25th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Any of the In Search of Sunrise series by DJ Tiesto.

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Maybe Nightwish, if you don't want the metal I gave.

The Once album is pretty good, it is the only I have heard though. It is light, so I don't know if you will like it.

For another light band, try Disturbed. Believe and Ten Thousand Fists might be good for your requirements.

ahaslam
February 25th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Don't get me worng, I'm used to stuff like Arch Enemy, Chimaira, Fear Factory, Shaddows Fall, God Forbid, Trivium & Unearth, But I don't want to break my rowing machine ;)

uberlube
February 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I Watch You (Ian Carey Mix) Lee Cabrera feat. Mim

Great house mix, plus the video is awsome! :)

odiseo77
February 25th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Not sure if this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHsp1Sn5-M) is exactly what you're looking for, but it's fast enough for me (don't know about the lyrics because I don't understand them, but the music is very energizing) :)

divindavid
February 25th, 2008, 03:15 AM
i am a varsity swimmer/diver so i need to get a song in my head for swimming for cardio i listen to atreyu or streetlight manifesto but for diving i like streetlight manifesto or DETHKLOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahaslam
February 25th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Any of the In Search of Sunrise series by DJ Tiesto.
Perfect, thank you ;)

ahaslam
February 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM
i am a varsity swimmer/diver so i need to get a song in my head for swimming for cardio i listen to atreyu or streetlight manifesto but for diving i like streetlight manifesto or DETHKLOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atreyu is also a good choice, thanks ;)