PDA

View Full Version : RQ: username change

Zdravko
February 24th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I would like to have my username changed to "khalderon". Thanks.

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 09:10 PM
User names are not normally changed.

Can I change my username?

No. Usernames can not be changed - dashes can not be added, lowercase cannot be made uppercase, etc. However, you may choose to create a new account. The only exceptions to this are extreme cases, such as when a user has been harassed by another user.

Note: If you do make a new account, you will have to transfer all information yourself, as we will not do this for you. Also, we can't transfer your statistics (beans, account age and the like) to the new account.

Zdravko
February 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM
In the past this was possible - a moderator should come and manage this.

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 09:18 PM
In the past this was possible - a moderator should come and manage this.

Read the quote again.

(Moderators can't change usernames anyway)

And I am managing this....

jpeddicord
February 24th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I may be wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that username changes caused some database problems to pop up, so it would be a technical limitation in addition to management issues. Someone correct me if not.

LaRoza: Did you change a profile option? Your name isn't red anymore, which could be why Zdravko is thinking you aren't a moderator.

matthew
February 24th, 2008, 10:26 PM
In the past this was possible - a moderator should come and manage this.This hasn't been done for a very long time. Sorry.

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM
LaRoza: Did you change a profile option? Your name isn't red anymore, which could be why Zdravko is thinking you aren't a moderator.

You can identify as whatever team you belong to, I belong to the UA and Beginner Team, and for the upcoming Unanswered Posts Day on the 27th, I have chosen to identify as a member of the UA team temporarily.

Zdravko
February 28th, 2008, 06:04 PM
This hasn't been done for a very long time. Sorry.
Now you have the excellent opportunity to do it... at least for me.

matthew
February 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Now you have the excellent opportunity to do it... at least for me.
Wow. I'm nearly speechless.

No.