PDA

View Full Version : GW on Wine!

rasmus91
February 24th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Hi

As me i could imagine a lot of you guys having some problems running Guild wars in wine. I solved the problem for my self, the problem was that Guild wars wouldn't run for more than 2 minutes before the screen froze. i found out that the solution to that problem is to go to "options" in the game and make the game run windowed, i could imagine this possibly could be the solution for more games.

I don't know if others had the problem, but if so please try this.

i just have one problem... how do i make wine run faster?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-DO NOT BLAME WINE!

xtek0
February 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Id probably say thats your video card =\

Mine is a bit different many bugs in guild wars for previous versions of wine! 0.9.56 is the newest seems really stable for my end!

rasmus91
February 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
mmm... i dont think so, i can run it on windows. and it doesn't change anything if i lower the graphics... so i think i'll have to try a newer version of wine...

its not that its laggy... the frame rate is only 10-15 fps, while i can run it at 20-30 fps in windows, but i have a little problem upgrading wine from 9.46 to 5.6 or what ever the newest version is...

orgy
February 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
i get 10-15 fps if i run GW on wine configured with Windows XP, using Win98 gets me 20-30 fps.

Algo, i have better performance with wine 0.9.55 than with 0.9.56, latest has son graphics glitches.