PDA

View Full Version : N800 Problem

helliewm
February 24th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I am trying to flash my N800 with 0S2008 but the Nokia web site will not accept by 12 digit WLAN number. Does any one have any ideas on this?

Helen

ssam
February 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
check that you are using the WLAN number and not the BT (bluetooth) one.

The digits are 0-9 (numbers) and A-F (letters), so dont put the letter O.

if that does not work i can private message you my number, and you can try that.

helliewm
February 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Yes I tried that and it does not work. Its definitely the WLAN number I am using. I have also tried with and without capital letters.

Helen

ssam
February 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I PMed you a number that should work.

otherwise maybe their site is broken

helliewm
February 24th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks ever so much will try it a little later. In the middle of a very long and tedious email that I spent all day today trying to put off:)

I need to get the N800 working for Wed as I am in London all the end of this week. I want to able to take notes and have a nice screen to view emails. My HP IPAQ Smartphone is fine but the screen is just too small. I also want to use as an MP3 Player, I have bought it a spare battery and a blue tooth keyboard. Hence why I bought an N800 plus its supporting Linux and the Open Source Community. I already have a nice light brand new this autumn Futijisi AMILO PI 2515 laptop (that works out of the box with Ubuntu:)) so I thought the N800 would be better that an ASUS EEC laptop.

Once again many thanks will let you know how I get on, back to this tedious email!

Helen