PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

darren_g
February 24th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you in the ubuntu community for your efforts. I started back at school this year, and with that, switched back to linux. The forums here have been a huge help.

I'm in statistics, and everyone uses R and LaTex, but nobody in the department uses Linux. Weird. Why deal with using open source apps in *******?

It's been like 10 years since I've used linux. It's come a long way. Ubuntu is so much better than ******* in every way.

Anyways, thanks again.

phrostbyte
February 24th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Three cheers for Ubuntu Forums!! :guitar:

Thank you for saying thank you darren_g! :)

SomeGuyDude
February 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I have zero doubts that one of the main reasons Ubuntu has spread like it has is the forums. The community is SO helpful that it's just impossible to imagine attempting the switch without it.

intense.ego
February 24th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I have zero doubts that one of the main reasons Ubuntu has spread like it has is the forums. The community is SO helpful that it's just impossible to imagine attempting the switch without it.

QFE

Cloudy
February 24th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Oh, definitely. I consider myself lucky to have started using linux with Ubuntu almost solely because of the community - it seems like a lot of other distros have dead forums (or at least it did when I started tooling about with linux a few years ago).