PDA

View Full Version : gotoxy and step by step compilation

phanther
February 24th, 2008, 05:06 AM
1)is this function gotoxy available in ubuntu to program in c.if so please mention the header file also.

2)In turbo c, we use F7 for step by step compilation apart from direct compilation by pressing Alt+F9.i want to know what is the alternative for this F7 function in C

Thanx in advance

slavik
February 24th, 2008, 05:41 AM
1. what is gotoxy?
2. what is step by step compilation?

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I don't know what gotxy is, but it sounds like something that would be in NCurses.

I don't know what step by step compilation is, do you mean a debugger?

phanther
February 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
ok i'll make it more clear

1) gotoxy(x,y) is an inbuilt function in C( i am talking about the situation where i am using turbo c in Windows, not in Linux).this function is particularly useful in displaying the output at a specific coordinates on the screen, where x and y are the parameters passed(they r the coordinates).so it basically displayes your output on that portion of the screen.
what i am looking for is a similar code which functions in linux, or if this function is already available then i want the header file.

2)yea basically i was implying upon step by step debugger, sorry i spelled it wron previously.in turbo c we use F7, i want to know the similar version of F7 in linux

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 06:53 AM
ok i'll make it more clear

1) gotoxy(x,y) is an inbuilt function in C( i am talking about the situation where i am using turbo c in Windows, not in Linux).this function is particularly useful in displaying the output at a specific coordinates on the screen, where x and y are the parameters passed(they r the coordinates).so it basically displayes your output on that portion of the screen.
what i am looking for is a similar code which functions in linux, or if this function is already available then i want the header file.

2)yea basically i was implying upon step by step debugger, sorry i spelled it wron previously.in turbo c we use F7, i want to know the similar version of F7 in linux

See NCurses, http://laroza.pbwiki.com/Specific

See: gdb

slavik
February 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
going to add to laroza's post, for a graphical debugger, there is ddd (it uses gdb as backend).

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 08:38 AM
going to add to laroza's post, for a graphical debugger, there is ddd (it uses gdb as backend).

Thanks, I am not very familiar with gdb.

lnostdal
February 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
there is also http://www.kdbg.org/ .. some prefer it even though they use gnome