PDA

View Full Version : Unanswered Posts Day 27th of Every Month

ajmorris
February 24th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Hello all,

Last year, there was an unanswered posts day on the 27th of october. The idea thought up by Jacob, was quite a success.
The Unanswered Posts Team (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=216) would like to declare this a monthly event. So on the 27th of every month, we would like to see as many people as possible making use of thehttp://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=47233&thumb=1&d=1193016210
button, and eradicate as many unanswered posts as possible, ill post a reminder before each month as well ;)

The next one is this Wednesday (27th Feb)

UA Day is like Bug Day, but with topics instead of bugs. Join in the party at #ubuntuforums-unanswered on irc.freenode.net this Wednesday and we'll help you get started. All community members are welcome.

It still applies, we would love to see you all there :D
See you wednesday

AJ

uberlube
February 24th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Great idea! I'll be there. And maybe some of my unanswered posts regarding wireless in XFCE will be answered :)

p_quarles
February 24th, 2008, 01:27 AM
If the forum staff can be of any help in eradicating these unanswered posts, please let us know.

Umm . . . maybe that's not what you had you in mind. :D

I'll be there.

overdrank
February 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM
:p count on me.

ajmorris
February 24th, 2008, 01:38 AM
If the forum staff can be of any help in eradicating these unanswered posts, please let us know.

Umm . . . maybe that's not what you had you in mind. :D

I'll be there.

:lolflag:

jpeddicord
February 24th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I'll be there most of the day after 4pm EST. :)

Rocket2DMn
February 24th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Sounds like a cool plan. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this month, Wednesdays are really busy for me and I have a midterm on top of it all! Hopefully next month it will work out, but I'll check the rest of the month anyway :)

overdrank
February 24th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Added to signature VVVVVVV

Rocket2DMn
February 24th, 2008, 02:25 AM
So, sticky this in the Absolute Beginner's and General Help Forums maybe?

Dr Small
February 24th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Threads with 100 views and no replies generally mean I can't answer it either :p
But I'll see if I can help out ;)

Dr Small

PmDematagoda
February 24th, 2008, 03:59 AM
I will try and help out as well:), even though I am not a UP team member.

Rocket2DMn
February 24th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Threads with 100 views and no replies generally mean I can't answer it either :p
But I'll see if I can help out ;)

Dr Small

If nothing else, we can hopefully at least point the user in the right direction, like toward some relevant documentation. We tend to know about resources that they don't, so that's our advantage.

Lostincyberspace
February 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I'll help make the questions!!!

jan quark
February 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I'll be there. :)

FuturePilot
February 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'll be there :)

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
All your unanswered posts belong to us.

I will be there (assuming I am not abducted)

Joeb454
February 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I'll be there some time...I have work you see...and Uni.

But when I can I will :D

-grubby
February 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I'll be there

LaRoza
February 24th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I have taken off my red name for this occasion. I am now identified as a UA member :-)

Joeb454
February 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Wow...you must be dedicated ;)

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Wow...you must be dedicated ;)

I can still do everything, so I just gave up the glitter.

Rocket2DMn
February 25th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I can still do everything, so I just gave up the glitter.

IMHO, you should take "If you do not see a red note saying I am acting as a moderator, then I am just posting as a normal user" our of your signature, it's kinda tacky.

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 01:35 AM
IMHO, you should take "If you do not see a red note saying I am acting as a moderator, then I am just posting as a normal user" our of your signature, it's kinda tacky.

Think so?

I will try it.

JoshuaRL
February 25th, 2008, 02:33 AM
But it's so pretty. Oh the colors!

I'll be there, Wednesdays are my days off.

jpeddicord
February 25th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Think so?

I will try it.

Now LaRoza can sneak around the forums, silently dishing out infractions without anyone knowing!

Well, except for this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/rank_uf_staff.png

:lolflag:

LaRoza
February 25th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Now LaRoza can sneak around the forums, silently dishing out infractions without anyone knowing!

Well, except for this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/rank_uf_staff.png

Well, automated PM's are sent out for every little thing we do, so it won't be so stealth :-)

emshains
February 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I'll try to help as much as a beginner at my stage could. It really su^$ when i post a thread, but nobody helps or just makes fun of me, so i want to make sure nobody has the same treating to go through.

jan quark
February 25th, 2008, 09:52 PM
hey emshains

It really su^$ when i post a thread, but nobody helps or just makes fun of me

well sometimes a problem is so unique that nobody has an answer at once

when somebody really really really misbehaves you can report him/or her
(but I think it is rather a male than female)

also read these pieces of information concerning the code of conduct and how to protect it

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

Ubunteros (Ubuntu Activists)

An Ubuntero (or Ubuntite) is a person in the Ubuntu community who has committed to observe the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. Ubuntites are self nominated and confirmed. All you need to do to become an Ubuntero is sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct (digitally or on paper), publish that signature or send it to Benjamin Mako Hill and make a note of that in your account in Launchpad. See the Launchpad account of the SABDFL for an example.

how to become an ubuntero:

http://laiconic.quotaless.com/ubuntero.html

Rocket2DMn
February 28th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I think I have a bit of time to contribute after all - let's rock!

-gabe-noob-
February 29th, 2008, 02:39 AM
tho I suck at linux i will help out.... next month ((A DAY TOO LATE WAAAAAAAAAA)

I did help one guy with grub error 17 or one of them... but that was in a pm... shoulda told him to make a post about it so others could benefit heh.

Rocket2DMn
February 29th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Don't let that stop you, there is a team that does unanswered posts. The 27th is just like a reminder day that despite all the help provided, threads still slip through our fingers. Search for unanswered posts any day :)