PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Infraction Challenge

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
I just recieived a this

Dear seventhc,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
There was no reason to jump over the moderator responding to a report. There was no harm in the gentle reminder to be descriptive, and there was no reason to make a big deal out of it.

Please respect other forum members who donate their time and knowledge to the forum.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
So now I see we are not aloud to disagree
who did I insult????? :confused:

LaRoza
February 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM
So now I see we are not aloud to disagree
who did I insult????? :confused:

Why was this reported>>>??? there was absolutely no reason for that!!!who reported it????
Agreed, But it's only their 6th post...shouldn't we be helpful first, and then explain how it works??
Not everyone knows the way of the forum, especially for a new person to both Ubuntu and the Forum.
So, IMHO we first help them to get up and running, and then we can discuss the how's ans why's.
A lot of people probably install Ubuntu not knowing anything, and they panic I hardly think being critical of a first post is the answewr.
First we solve their problems
second, we let them feel comfortable,
third, follow the rules

You insulted bodhi.zazen, a mod who spends a lot of time and effort helping beginners.

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
I didn't know it was a new thread, I was pointed here by a mod in a private before the infraction. but if stating my opinion results in ridiculous infractions,...well....that's new to me

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
You insulted bodhi.zazen, a mod who spends a lot of time and effort helping beginners.
And I don't??? Laroza, Just b/c you or bodhi.zazen are mods, doesnt mean we have to agree with you. If you think that, then you have a twisted view on Open Source

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
If thats the case, then go ahead and ban me, b/c I don't want to be a part of it anyway.
Now I know you LaRoza, and I admire your skills, but it doesn't mean we share opinions on freedom.

LaRoza
February 22nd, 2008, 11:32 PM
If thats the case, then go ahead and ban me, b/c I don't want to be a part of it anyway.
Now I know you LaRoza, and I admire your skills, but it doesn't mean we share opinions on freedom.

It was just a reminder, it will expire and it won't change you account in any way.

Just try to be a bit more considerate...

I will reverse the infraction.

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
I have helped many people here, and I have been helped by people,I have been helped personally by you LaRoza
I do think you stepped out of line just there though, and you did ask me to tell you if you did,
So now I'm telling you
and not b/c it was me, it's b/c you did it b/c of my opinion.
So I am telling you now, you are out of bounds..but still within you realm.

LaRoza
February 22nd, 2008, 11:38 PM
I have helped many people here, and I have been helped by people,I have been helped personally by you LaRoza
I do think you stepped out of line just there though, and you did ask me to tell you if you did,
So now I'm telling you
and not b/c it was me, it's b/c you did it b/c of my opinion.
So I am telling you now, you are out of bounds..but still within you realm.

It has been reversed. However, I do think you were too insulting when bodhi.zazen responded to a report by a forum member.

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:38 PM
also...
I never insulted bodhi.zazen in any way shape or form

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
OK, please tell me how I insulted bodhi.zazen b/c I never had that intention.
by not agreeing?
I have like 5 prvt mesgs by bodhi.zazen and not one mentions me insulting anyone.

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:43 PM
I never meant any insult, but I truly believe the OP of that thread didn't deserve to be reported. If anything, they needed help, and we are here to offer help more than anything

aysiu
February 22nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
I've moved this out of another thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704706), since this appears to be a complaint pertaining to one user's account. At this point, I and the other moderators will butt out.

seventhc, if this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction, please post so in this thread. If not, one of the administrators of the forum will look into the matter.

bodhi.zazen
February 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM
I never meant any insult, but I truly believe the OP of that thread didn't deserve to be reported. If anything, they needed help, and we are here to offer help more than anything

LOL, OK hey, this is why I moved the discussion off of ABT.

This discussion started here :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704523

As it got off topic I moved the off topic threads here.

seventhc, I value your input and assistance with these forums and there is no need to blow this incident out of proportion, lets all take a deep breath and keep it in perspective. :lolflag:

OK, now can we get back to the task at hand, improving the forums and assisting where we can ? :guitar:

seventhc
February 22nd, 2008, 11:58 PM
If no infraction has been made upon me, or the OP then it is solved. These are things I do not know how to check
So I need to be told by you.

aysiu
February 23rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
If no infraction has been made upon me, or the OP then it is solved. These are things I do not know how to check
So I need to be told by you.
I don't know who the OP is, but the infraction that you received has been reversed.

bodhi.zazen
February 23rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
OIC we are in the resolution center now, well OK let me orient everyone (Admins):

Original thread :

How to...... (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704523)

Report : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704574

Then the discussion, IMO, went off topic so I moved posts from the original thread here :

Thread titles (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704706)

And reported the situation here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704640

Then there was an infraction / discussion of infraction in the second thread and that discussion was moved by aysiu here.

At this time :

1. The second thread was just closed.

2. Neither RavenStandsAlone nor seventhc have an infraction.

Hope that info can save some time ...

aysiu
February 23rd, 2008, 12:23 AM
1. The second thread was just closed. I closed both the second and first threads, since the OP has decided to leave the forum. No sense in making extra drama about it.

matthew
February 23rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Okay, after reading all the linked posts/threads, this is all I have to say at the moment.

1. The OP of the reported thread/post could have used a more descriptive title and would have likely received faster and more complete assistance had he done so.

2. Whoever reported the post was being a bit nitpicky. Nothing had been done that was in violation of any rule.

3. I do think it was an act of kindness, not a negative criticism, when that poster was told that he would be better off using a more descriptive title. I don't see any harsh or demeaning intent in that act.

4. I think we have had a lot of over reacting in this whole thing. Let's just take a deep breath and get back to helping people as much, and as kindly as we can. I think that was everyone's real intent here and I'm not sure how we got sidetracked. Maybe we could take a moment to remember that everyone that is trying to help people here is doing so out of the kindness of her heart, and not out of a desire to crush the innocent or the ignorant.

seventhc
February 23rd, 2008, 12:44 AM
sorry to post here, but this is my point..
We are here to help, we are not here to tell people how to post, our ultimite goal is to Help.
If posting is a problem, I think that should be secondary, after a week or two with Ubuntu..then start explaining how to post.
I gain nothing by having people use ubuntu, I only gain a person I can help or be helped by.
We are a crowd of people who need to help as posting to secondary places just won't do.
We are here because We love to help.

bodhi.zazen
February 23rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Well, I feel sorry for RavenStandsAlone

I think he got the wrong impression and someone should PM him and see if we can correct the bad taste we left with him. I would be happy to do so, but am not sure if someone else should do it.

seventhc
February 23rd, 2008, 03:05 AM
do you want me to do it??? I will if you want.