PDA

View Full Version : ies4linux problem

skunkrecords
February 21st, 2008, 10:28 PM
IDK if i'm missing something obvious but, when I install ies4linux, after the gui install, nothing happens. I requested desktop links, but that never happened either. I think the gui install process finished, but now Im stuck. any help would be appreciated!

jwedeking
February 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
after you run ./ies4linux do you receive

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xf99)!
ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6: 8162 Killed python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py

ricoris
March 29th, 2008, 08:32 AM
When I installed IEs4linux I did get this message:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xf99)!
ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6: 8162 Killed python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py

I don't know why this happens but I know that if you choose to install Internet Explorer 5.5 instead of Internet Explorer 6 everything works just fine...Should I report this someplace? Where?

karnerblue
April 4th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I had this problem too - looks like it's a python error. I have python version 2.5.1 (I recall update manager just doing an update within the past week or so too I think?)
Anyone found a way to fix this? I need to do ie6 testing for work asap! =(

brento73
April 18th, 2008, 05:10 AM
My solution to the issues I had installing ies4linux, and this will sound rediculous, was to just keep running the install script every time it crashed.

I received errors which I think were similar, but every time I ran it I would get further along the install process. Eventually it installed, and I was able to run it, and get the 'Sucess!' page the dev set as the default home page.

However... after that initial run, and that initial success, I haven't been able to get it working again. Now I just get a blank window, and have to kill the app.

*sighs*

siddesu
May 26th, 2008, 06:16 AM
this works for me:

./ies4linux --install-corefonts --no-gui --no-color --beta-install-ie7

./ies4linux --full-help for more option goodness

cboldwyn
November 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I was getting all kinds of different errors when running

./ies4linux

particularly

python: ../../src/xcb_lock.c:77: _XGetXCBBuffer: Assertion `((int)((xcb_req) - (dpy->request)) >= 0)' failed. ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6: 21841 Aborted python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linuxgtk.py

and what finally worked for me was

sudo ./ies4linux --install-corefonts --no-gui --no-color --beta-install-ie7

balibaa
April 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
For IE6 I used

sudo ./ies4linux --install-corefonts --no-gui --no-color --install-ie6

It gave me a red message not to do it as root, so after it finished I changed the ownership of the directory it was put in:

sudo chown $myusername -R /home/$myhomedirectory/.ies4linux/ie6

:)