PDA

View Full Version : Linux/UBuntu Professional Oppurtunitys

ekimregnirps
February 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hi,
Im looking into what kind of jobs are out there for linux? Ill be graduating from college soon, and hate to be stuck in the Windows world of wizards and viruses/spyware hell! I was wanting to know what kind of ways people in the community work with linux outside of the home. What the linux jobs are like? Any good places to look? Thoughts or feelings on pursuing a linux career? Thanks!

njparton
February 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM
Perhaps learning to spell should be a priority for you first:

opportunities

:wink:

kelbizzle
February 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM
www.dice.com is a great place to start looking for I.T employment. Another good source is www.hotlinuxjobs.com. Man! I sure do hate trolls with no time on their hands and with the time they do have they play Mrs. Nesbit the 5th grade spelling tutor/ grammer coach.

UbuWu
February 21st, 2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.ubuntu.com/employment

Vitamin-Carrot
February 22nd, 2008, 12:18 AM
Perhaps learning to spell should be a priority for you first:

opportunities

:wink:

this r teh interweb spelling and grammar are not a pre requisit.
companies like unisys, Novell, IBM etc etc use unix/linux you might wna tto throw a cv at them and see what happens... alot of those companies recruite through HR agencies so registering with Drake international or a company like that might give you a chance to get what you want.

Dont hold out for the perfect job ... money is money and any job should do while you look for what you want