PDA

View Full Version : KDevelop Autocomplete Size Problem

schmendrick
February 21st, 2008, 06:09 PM
hey ubuntu fans,

i am having a problem with kdevelop.

autocomplete is working, but the autocomplete window that pops up is much too big. it is so big that the mini-window displaying the comments cannot be seen anymore as it is off the screen. i dont see any way to change the autocomplete screen to get smaller, or to use smaller fonts or whatever.

i tried to upgrade to Kdevelop 3.5.1 from the "old" 3.5 that can be easily installed with ubuntu via "Add/Remove..." but the same problem.

i already checked the net for similar threads, but noone else seems to have this problem, or nobody minds.
am i the only one experiencing this? do you have any suggestions how i can solve this?

many thanks,

schmendrick

dempl_dempl
February 21st, 2008, 11:24 PM
This is a wild guess... but I had some similiar problem with Code::Blocks .
Those folks told me to change the Window Manager.

Basically , if you're using GNOME, try KDE etc.. it just might work. Of course I could be 100% wrong :-)

Anyway.. if you haven't already done that, it won't kill you to try :-D

schmendrick
February 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
thanks for the advice dempl.
i tried KDE out out but unfortunately same problem :(

there should be some setting like you have in in netbeans where you can specify the size of the auto complete popup, but unfortunately there does not seem to be any.

maybe i will have to live with the fact that in case the class method with its parameters are too long that i wont have any comments visible.

if kdevelop would do this correctly plus constructors/deconstructors/methods/members in the autopopup would be displayed with icons, then IMHO kdevelop truly would be on the same level as visual studio. but of course i understand that i am now looking at some details ;)

does anybody have another idea?