PDA

View Full Version : I really love Ubuntu, the forum and everybody!

incen
February 21st, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hi, I really want to say "Thank you" for all who helps out us, the beginners, here in this forum. It's quite amazing to learn things with 'living people'! :P
Knowing that a lot of friends are tryING to help is really encouraging and warm.
I so far love Ubuntu. Well... particularly Xubuntu on my laptop. I started to learn how to really 'communicate' with Linux after I installed Xubuntu since I didn't really feel like it a week ago. And I love this forum and love that every one can ask questions here!!! I really appreciate all who have helped me and all who are trying to help NOW!

It's about time to bed here. Good night/Good afternoon/Good morning to all! :KS

speeddemon8803
February 21st, 2008, 06:22 AM
Well, your quite welcome buddy! Without you guys though, we wouldnt be able to exist :) Ubuntu ITSELF would cease to exist. The beginner team appreciates your gratitude and your compliments to us. I can speak for Bodhi.zazen and all the people who make up the beginner team staff and volunteers. All that we ask of you is to share your experience of ubuntu with your friends. Maybe just maybe you might inspire someone else to join..and to see what a great OS we can truly create. Thank you...for your support!

theRightNee
February 21st, 2008, 06:25 AM
great to have another member of the community voicing their content!

brennydoogles
February 21st, 2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks!! It is people who have an attitude like yours who "grow up" and make this distribution what it is. When you find yourself answering about as many questions as you are asking, you should definately try to join the Beginner Team and the Unanswered Posts team. Have fun!!

pmasiar
February 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
Yes, "pay it forward" is the way. I am grateful for all the help I got when I was learning basics, and now I am repaying my debt by helping others.

And helping others is really easy: hang around and if you can help, do so. You will learn more as you go.

It is possible and easy to do even more: get a wiki for free, create pages with questions, and answers, and people who are interested can read it without you having to type it every time.

I have a wiki for people who want to learn programming, with links for beginners. See my sig, and see me in "Programming talk" subforum. :-)